cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matge
New Contributor II

voice delay in 3430 SBC

Jump to solution

I have voice delay on all call, inbound and outbound with 3430 SBC.

Provider sip ->3430 ->Shoretel ip pbx

When I do in bound call the pbx start the auto attendant, but I can ear it only 4 seconds later. Same think for the outbound calls.

Thanks to help me to solve this.

Marc

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: voice delay in 3430 SBC

Jump to solution

- I took a look at your configuration and I would recommend you add a rule to allow SIP through the public interface. The simplest way to do this is to add an allow rule under your 'AdminAccess' ACL that allows UDP port 5060 through. Your ACL would look something like this:

ip access-list extended AdminAccess

remark AdminAccess

permit tcp any any eq telnet

permit tcp any any eq https

permit udp any any eq 5060

I also agree with 's suggestion that you disable media-anchoring if you are not using it.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Do you mean that the first four seconds of the message are cut off, or that you hear the entire message but with very long latency? 

The only time we've seen long latency is when the network link between the devices had very high utilization with QoS wrongly set to queue RTP rather than prioritize it.

Do human-to-human calls work OK and the issue is just with the auto attendant?

matge
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Yes, the first four seconds of the message ar cut off, and when we did outbound call same think the first four seconds are cut off, after this we can discuss without any cut or glitch.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Jump to solution

Do a "debug sip stack messages", place a call and look at the "200 OK" timing through the device while listening to the auto-attendant.  See if the Shoretel is sending it late or if the 3430 is delaying it for some reason.

You might also no-out ip rtp media-anchoring and see if that makes a difference.

matge
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I did and can see : 09:03:08.257 SIP.STACK MSG        SIP/2.0 200 OK 

When I place a call, I can see the Shoretel answer right away and the auto attendant start automatically, but I can hear it 4 seconds later, and some words miss.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- I took a look at your configuration and I would recommend you add a rule to allow SIP through the public interface. The simplest way to do this is to add an allow rule under your 'AdminAccess' ACL that allows UDP port 5060 through. Your ACL would look something like this:

ip access-list extended AdminAccess

remark AdminAccess

permit tcp any any eq telnet

permit tcp any any eq https

permit udp any any eq 5060

I also agree with 's suggestion that you disable media-anchoring if you are not using it.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Matge, I realize this post is two years old, but I was just curious what your solution to this issue was.  We have a customer that is receiving this same (approximately) 4 second delay when a call is picked up.  Any insight into how you resolved your issue would be greatly appreciated.