Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NV4430 sfp single-mode fiber module question

Jump to solution

Good evening,

I'm preparing to install a NV4430 at a customer site, but upon arrival I noticed that their failover WAN is being handed off as 1000base-SX fiber. This was an unexpected surprise - so I'll have to look into ordering a SFP to install in the router. My question is, with the only SFP module available for the NV4430 being 1000base-LX, would I be able to use that for multi-mode fiber (SX)?

Thanks,

Brian Williams

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NV4430 sfp single-mode fiber module question

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.

Hopefully, you have not ordered the ADTRAN SFP module yet, because the NetVanta 4430 does support a multi-mode fiber (SX) module.  This information can be found in the AOS feature matrix.  For assistance with selection of products for your network design and applications, please contact our applications engineers.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.

Hopefully, you have not ordered the ADTRAN SFP module yet, because the NetVanta 4430 does support a multi-mode fiber (SX) module.  This information can be found in the AOS feature matrix.  For assistance with selection of products for your network design and applications, please contact our applications engineers.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Levi, I have not ordered the module yet. But I'm glad that the NV4430 does support the multi-mode fiber (SX). I didn't know about the feature matrix, so that's a nice download to have. I have marked your reply as correct answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

What I'm curious about is part number 1200480E1 on the feature matrix lists the NV4430 as being able to handle this SFP, but the adtran.com website does not. When I search the website for the part number 1200480E1, it shows only the 1200, 1300, 1500, 1600, 6300 and 7000 series routers for which the module is available. What I do not want to do is have the customer order the part, but due to a discrepancy between the feature matrix and website, the part not work with the NV4430.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I understand the confusion, and the web site is supposed to be updated shortly to reflect the information on the feature matrix.  Currently, the AOS feature matrix is correct, but whenever purchasing new equipment or implementing a new application, I recommend contacting the ADTRAN pre-sales applications engineers.

Please, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Levi