cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmiddleman
New Contributor

Rebooting a phone via the switch port

Jump to solution

I work with VOIP and sometimes we have a phone that needs to be rebooted.  On HP switches you can run a command that will turn the POE on and off to cause the phone to reboot remotely when there is now direct access to the phone.  Is there a way to do this on an Adtran or could you do something else like do a shutdown on that port then do a no shutdown to bring it back up?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rebooting a phone via the switch port

Jump to solution

Hi cmiddleman:

You can use the command power inline never then power inline auto at an interface prompt to cycle PoE.  Sometimes it's handy to cycle PoE across a range of ports.  In that case enter the following at the config prompt:  interface range switchport 0/1-8 (for example) or interface range gigabit-switchport 0/1-8 for 1500 and 1600-series gigabit switches.

Best,

CJ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi cmiddleman:

You can use the command power inline never then power inline auto at an interface prompt to cycle PoE.  Sometimes it's handy to cycle PoE across a range of ports.  In that case enter the following at the config prompt:  interface range switchport 0/1-8 (for example) or interface range gigabit-switchport 0/1-8 for 1500 and 1600-series gigabit switches.

Best,

CJ

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post to unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor