cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmiles
New Contributor

5305 DS3 Loop Setup

Jump to solution

What I am trying to accomplish is a loop of multiple (possibly 14) 5305's each with two T3 Wide Modules for loop protection. The DS3 will be transported over a microwave network.  At each site, the 5305 Eth 0/1 would go to a switch.  At the operations center the 5305 there would be connected via the Eth 0/1 port to an existing router. Right now I have two 5305's to set up as a test.  I am unsure of exactly how to connect the Eth 0/1 to both T3 modules.  I see in the AOS document the process for bridging modules to the Eth port.  Would that be what I'm looking for? How would I ensure traffic can be passed both directions around the DS3?  Also If I have the Eth 0/1 connection occupied, can I assign the 0/2 connection an IP on the same subnet to allow technicians at each site to plug directly into the 5305 and access the WAN?

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5305 DS3 Loop Setup

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  When you get a chance, I think a network diagram or additional explanation would be beneficial, as I'm not sure I follow the application. 

You cannot bridge the two Ethernet ports.  Therefore, Eth 0/1 and Eth 0/2 would have to be in different IP subnets.  It depends on the overall application, but if there is a switch that is plugged into Eth 0/1, then the technicians could plug their PC into that switch and access the WAN.  Furthermore, depending on how you design the network, they could also plug into Eth 0/2 (with a different subnet scheme) and be able to access the network that way, as long as the routing, etc. was setup properly.

Please, provide some additional information about the network design and what you would like to accomplish, and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  When you get a chance, I think a network diagram or additional explanation would be beneficial, as I'm not sure I follow the application. 

You cannot bridge the two Ethernet ports.  Therefore, Eth 0/1 and Eth 0/2 would have to be in different IP subnets.  It depends on the overall application, but if there is a switch that is plugged into Eth 0/1, then the technicians could plug their PC into that switch and access the WAN.  Furthermore, depending on how you design the network, they could also plug into Eth 0/2 (with a different subnet scheme) and be able to access the network that way, as long as the routing, etc. was setup properly.

Please, provide some additional information about the network design and what you would like to accomplish, and I will be happy to help in any way I can.

Levi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

Do you have further questions on this topic?  If you do, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Levi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

:

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Levi