cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moulegend
New Contributor III

NetVanta 5305 AC with NetVanta 150 Questions

I’m working on the setup of our Wireless configurations with our NetVanta 150 AP and running into DNS issues.  I connect our managed switch direct to the Eth 0/1 port on our NetVanta 5305.  The 5305 acts as the AC and is our Edge Router.  I currently have a few VLANs in use and everything works fine with them.  When I setup a VLAN for our Wireless access, I do everything the same and enable the wireless access.  I get everything to sync but I get DNS related issues.  Is it possible to create a VLAN with nothing behind it in regards to a local domain or DNS Server?  I read about the DYNDNS.org and tried that out as well, but didn't have any success.  If I plug the Wireless AP 150 into one of my other VLAN's and tag it accordingly, it works with no issues. 

If the only way to make the wireless AP work with my VLAN setup is through the use of an existing VLAN, I may need some guidance on the firewall policy filter to block any internal traffic.  I just simply want one guest wireless access account. 

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Current Setup:

ISP Provider over PPP|ETH 0/1-5305|Managed Switch|Wireless Access Point

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NetVanta 5305 AC with NetVanta 150 Questions

:

Thank you for asking this question in the support community.  It is difficult for me to follow how you have the units configured, and what is/isn't working.  Is it possible for you to reply with the configuration (please remember to remove any sensitive information to the organization), and the specifics as to what is not working?  Also, there is good information in the following post, which explains how this design should be configured, as well as links to the wireless guide:  Wireless Guest Access

Levi

moulegend
New Contributor III

I got everything working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

:

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Levi