cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moulegend
New Contributor III

Web GUI Question on NetVanta 5305

Jump to solution

I have a question in regards to my NetVanta 5305 configuration.  We’re getting ready to transition sites and I need to pull our router from our current site one weekend before the move for testing purposes.  Verizon will have our circuit fully up and operational about a month before our move.  While it won’t be an issue to pull the router and hook it up at our new location, I need some guidance on how to change the WAN IP address on the 5305.  Does it have to be done through the CLI or can it be accomplished using the web GUI only?  Any help or information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Web GUI Question on NetVanta 5305

Jump to solution

- The WAN IP address on the 5305 can be changed through the GUI as well as the CLI. In the web GUI, you can navigate to either "Physical Interfaces" or "IP Interfaces" to change the IP address of the 5305 interfaces. The other thing you will want to be mindful of is to make sure your routes are updated with the new default gateway information as well. This can be done in the web GUI by navigating to the "Route Table" config page.

If you can provide some details on what your current config is and what settings need to change, I could provide more exact instructions. Please remember to remove any information that may be sensitive to your network.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

- The WAN IP address on the 5305 can be changed through the GUI as well as the CLI. In the web GUI, you can navigate to either "Physical Interfaces" or "IP Interfaces" to change the IP address of the 5305 interfaces. The other thing you will want to be mindful of is to make sure your routes are updated with the new default gateway information as well. This can be done in the web GUI by navigating to the "Route Table" config page.

If you can provide some details on what your current config is and what settings need to change, I could provide more exact instructions. Please remember to remove any information that may be sensitive to your network.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Noor

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

-

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Noor