cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_maine
New Contributor

6240 DID (or DNIS) routing between trunks

Hey all,

We have a 6240 in our lab with a SIP Trunk, 2 PRI's and FXS loops connected to a ShoreTel PBX.  I want to direct specific incoming DID's to one of the mentioned trunks on the 6240, how do I do that?  I realize I am over simplifying the question but I am not familiar with the Adtran OS.

Thank you,

Paul.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: 6240 DID (or DNIS) routing between trunks

Generically, you create one or more voice grouped-trunk profiles. Each of them contains a list of destination patterns, kind-of-regular-expression-ish, of numbers to accept and/or reject. A cost can be assigned to each pattern.

Each grouped-trunk has one or more voice trunks associated with it.

When a destination pattern arrives, it is compared to the "accept" patterns of the voice grouped-trunks on the unit. Most specific match wins. In case of a tie for most specific, lowest cost wins.

Thank you for the response.  Turns out the config had the voice group-trunk profiles with the DID's, problem was the voice switch was sending 4 digit DNIS and the DID's in the config were 10 digit.  So the 6240 wasn't matching on anything, I set the voice switch for 10 digit and calls complete now.

Thanks again for the assistance.

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Good to hear. An alternative is to do DNIS match/substitute on the trunks if needed to manipulate digits and you can't change the other end.