cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ISDN 30 ETSI converted to SIP handoff

I have a location in the UK that wants to replace their digital PBX with an IP based PBX. They have a carrier WLR3 ISDN 30 ETSI voice circuit that I'd need to convert to SIP and deliver to an IP PBX.

For my US sites I'm using 3rd Gen TA908e's to convert carrier PRI handoffs to SIP. Flow is carrier PRI <-> TA T1 0/1 <-> TA GIG 0/1 <-> IP PBX. I'm fairly comfortable configuring these and from what I understand the NetVanta 6310 can terminate / convert this type of UK circuit.

Can anyone confirm this is the proper unit for this setup? Anyone done this sort of conversion with this type of circuit? Are there any guides or sample configs out there that can help? Any gotchas I should be watching out for? Haven't done a whole lot of international so any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: ISDN 30 ETSI converted to SIP handoff

The TA900 series isn't a good fit. It's 120 VAC only and its power supply will fail if you connect it to the 240 volt mains supply in the UK. (It's a simple fix of a varistor and a fuse or pair of resistors, don't ask me how I know.)

Also the TA900 won't support the European version of PRI over an E-1 connection, only the T-1 used in North America. You'll need one of the modular routers that will accept an E-1 NIM module.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks jayh! So the NetVanta 6310 isn't a good fit for this?

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Sorry, I misunderstood. The TA908e isn't a good fit due to the 120V-only power supply and the lack of E1 PRI support.

The Netvanta 6310 is exactly what you're looking for.