Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regularjoe
New Contributor

NetVana 6355 supports only 3 T1's?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

This is from the 6355 manual :

Network and voice expansion options include analog four-port trunk (FXO), analog four-port station (FXS), analog two-trunk/twostation, PRI, ADSL, SHDSL, E1 and T1/FT1 modules provide support for up to three network T1s and up to 10 analog interfaces.

Is there a reason we cannot use 2 dual T1 WIC's in this switch?

Thanks,

Joe

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NetVana 6355 supports only 3 T1's?

Jump to solution

Joe,

Good question...  While you could install & configure "two" Dual T1 NIM's (4x network T1's); the 6355 is only "rated" (and thereby supported) for up to 3x network T1's --- The issue here is the additional Layer 2 overhead associated with PPP/MLPPP and/or FR/MLFR, along with the potential of other advanced features like (QOS, VQM, ITM, etc.,) enabled. 

I hope this helps...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Joe,

Good question...  While you could install & configure "two" Dual T1 NIM's (4x network T1's); the 6355 is only "rated" (and thereby supported) for up to 3x network T1's --- The issue here is the additional Layer 2 overhead associated with PPP/MLPPP and/or FR/MLFR, along with the potential of other advanced features like (QOS, VQM, ITM, etc.,) enabled. 

I hope this helps...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yes, that helps.  I think generally we think that if Dual WICs are made and two slots exist that we should be able to multilink PPP 4 T1's.  How much load does the firewall apply to the unit?  Would it help if we needed 4 T1's to turn off the firewall?  For our use all of our customers will not be using the 6355 as a firewall and access layer switch.

Thanks,

Joe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Not sure, as it's never been tested.  Regardless, I wouldn't recommend doing so, as it would be an "unsupported" application.