cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nativepdx
New Contributor II

older 6310

Jump to solution

I've inherited a new customer that has a 6310 that was installed at least 4years ago. The product sheet  - "this powerfull solution combines the robust routing and voice features of Adtran industry leading Total Access 900e series of IP business gateways" .   Wanting to know if a 6310 built over 4 years ago would be the same hardware platform selling today. Should I be concerned about capability or performance with this unit to do vqm and qos, + firewall ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: older 6310

Jump to solution

We have only one generation of the 6310, so the 6310 sold today is the same hardware sold 4 years ago.  And yes, the NV 6310 has approximately the same PPS performance as the TA 900e - (Approximately 30mbps aggregate with IMIX traffic, FW, QOS, Traffic-Shaping, FFE enabled.)  Keep in mind that 50-100% VQM sampling will lower this number, although I'm not sure just how much...  If performance is a concern with the 6310/900e, you should look at the NetVanta 6240 Series, (roughly doubles the PPS performance of the TA 900e, NV 6310, and 6330)   

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

We have only one generation of the 6310, so the 6310 sold today is the same hardware sold 4 years ago.  And yes, the NV 6310 has approximately the same PPS performance as the TA 900e - (Approximately 30mbps aggregate with IMIX traffic, FW, QOS, Traffic-Shaping, FFE enabled.)  Keep in mind that 50-100% VQM sampling will lower this number, although I'm not sure just how much...  If performance is a concern with the 6310/900e, you should look at the NetVanta 6240 Series, (roughly doubles the PPS performance of the TA 900e, NV 6310, and 6330)   

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Nativepdx,

I went ahead and marked the correct answer on this post.  However, feel free to post any additional questions you may have if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

David