Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlevasseur
Contributor
Contributor

Android SIP Phone testing, phones won't register

Jump to solution

Trying my hand at getting a Soft Phone or even a SIP phone app working.  All of the Android Apps I have tried I enter all the settings for my user, IP, Port and they all try to register but time out.  Any suggestions on where to start?  I checked the syslog and there is no messages relating to registering the device.  I am on the internal network with all of my PCs a 192 network.  The phones are on their own 10 network.  I can ping the 7100, but just can't seem to get any SIP phone apps to connect from this side.

Ideas or suggestions on Apps?

I do have a message into sales about getting the official Adtran SoftPhone Windows program.  Hopefully I can try before I buy.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Android SIP Phone testing, phones won't register

Jump to solution

Since you are in control of the networks in that situation, you can just alter whatever ACL is being used for the admin access policy to allow SIP.  It sounds like you have this one all figured out.  If you have any further questions, feel free to make a new post or update this one.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

After doing a little digging, the SIP port 5060 isn't open on the netvanta for this side.  All of the admin ports are open ftp, ssh, www but not 5060.  I can't make heads or tails of the firewall software on the 7100.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It is not advised to open up SIP on the public side of a unit without taking proper precautions.  If the softphone is coming from across the Internet here are some options:

• Register the softphone through a VPN tunnel
  • Use the Simple Remote Phones feature
  • Configure the firewall to only allow SIP from trusted known outside sources as outlined in the

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

The NetVanta is not our WAN router.  The Netvanta is the router for it's own 10.* network So our setup is as follows:

WAN---Router {192. Network}--{NetVantaWANSide 192.168.x.5} Netvanta7100 {NetVantaLANSide 10.10.x.1}--Phones

I have a static route on our router to point all 10.* trafic to the netvanta for routing. So it is safe to open up the SIP port as it isn't open to the public, it is open to our intranet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Since you are in control of the networks in that situation, you can just alter whatever ACL is being used for the admin access policy to allow SIP.  It sounds like you have this one all figured out.  If you have any further questions, feel free to make a new post or update this one.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos