cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Busy signal when any phone tries to check voicemail

Jump to solution

Hello, our IP712 phones work swimmingly except we receive a busy tone whenever we try to log in to voicemail. What are some diagnostic procedures we could take to fix the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Busy signal when any phone tries to check voicemail

Jump to solution

I updated the phones firmware to 2.4.1 and the AOS to 10.5.3 HA, and it seems to have fixed all of the bugs we were experiencing. Thank you for helping me do this!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ageinc,

Thank you for posting this question to our Support Community.  Are you pressing the message key on the phone or using some other method to access voicemail?  If you can supply the current configuration and the output from both a debug voice verbose as well as debug sip stack messages while the issue is recreated, I would be happy to troubleshoot further with you.  You can submit them on our FTP server with the instructions below:

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response Matt

We are pressing the Messages key, but receive a busy signal. I sent the file ageinc-config-NV7100-06-27-2013.cfg through the ftp server. I was reading through some of the related posts and noticed that upgrading the firmware seems to fix some issues, so perhaps I should try that before making debug logs? I noticed there are 2 very recent firmware versions (R10.8.0 and R10.5.3), so which one would you recommend I use?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I would recommend R10.5.3.HA.  You need to make sure and read the release notes that detail the appropriate phone firmware required to accompany the upgrade as well as save a copy of your configuration before attempting the upgrade.  Please come back and update the post after you upgrade to let us know if it worked or if you still need help.  If you still have problems I will need to see the configuration file from the new firmware version along with the debugs requested in my last reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I was looking into the various requirements to update the firmware/boot codes up to the ones suggested, and it appears that I need firmware A4.10 in order to update to R10.5.3 HA. I couldnt find A4.10 on the Software Downloads page, so could I use A4.12 or is there another way I could find A4.10?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can upgrade directly to R10.5.3.HA.  I think I see where you got the impression that A4.10 was required.  In the release notes there is a Minimum Software or Firmware Summary table.  That table is meant to detail interoperability requirements.  In other words a unit running R10.5.3.HA requires the software outlined in the table be installed on the separate device it is interoperating with.  So if a NetVanta 7100 running R10.5.3.HA was interoperating with another NetVanta 7100, the other 7100 would need to have A4.10 or later installed. 

Before upgrading make sure you read the release notes for the version you choose to upgrade to as they detail boot code and phone firmware requirements among other things.  You should also always save a copy of your current configuration before upgrading.  Sometimes commands are added or changed, and it is a good idea to keep a copy of working configuration for a particular firmware version in case you ever need to downgrade.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I updated the phones firmware to 2.4.1 and the AOS to 10.5.3 HA, and it seems to have fixed all of the bugs we were experiencing. Thank you for helping me do this!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You are very welcome.  I am glad to hear you got this resolved.  Thanks for coming back to mark a correct answer and provide an update for us.