cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rortega
New Contributor III

Call Queuing?

Jump to solution

So I'm trying to configure the netvanta 7100 to do a specific task, and I believe it's done with call the call queuing option but cannot figure it out.

What I want is when a customer calls the office, our phones to auto answer with no ring and give the calling customer a prompt, eg. "Welcome to EOT, etc. Press 0 for Customer Service Desk, Press 1 for Support, Press 2 for Sales, etc."

Am I right that this is done in call queuing? I know I can record my own audio and upload it to give the options, and I also know there's a "Digit Press Extension" option under Call Queuing>Basic Settings. The problem is, the digit press extension only gives an option for one extension which will be dialed if ANY button is pushed, so it doesn't care about the number. That doesn't work since I want specific phones to ring for a specific option (0, 1, 2, etc.) chosen by the calling customer.

Any ideas? Am I heading down the right path at least? Thanks in advance.

Rock

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Call Queuing?

Jump to solution

Rortega,

I think you are making this more confusing that you want it to be. From what you wrote, the simple way of accomplishing that is to create two ALL RING ring groups for the sales and customer service. You can specify how many calls you want to come into the ring group, you can specify a caller id prefix so the users know when the call is coming from the ring group or a call for them on their extension. each ring group can can voicemail, their own call coverage if no one answers the call and different behaviors for day/lunch/night/weekend etc...  In your NV7100, go to Voice / Stations / Ring Groups and see the settings for yourself.

the main difference in a ring group and call queue is that in the call queue you can set up a greetings/messages and then have its own music on hold. it is just harder to configure than ring groups.

So for your app, you have a call go directly to the AA, then when they press 2 it would go to the sales ring group, and 3 go to the customer service ring group.

Your question:

How do I make one line (xxx-xxx-xxxx) be able to have multiple queues? Right now I created a user account with a DID of the number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) the call queues will be in. Then I have the number going directly to a call queue under the user accounts "coverage" option. I want to ensure that calling this one number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) will automatically prompt the AA (I don't see an option under AA to add a DID,) and I also want that one number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) to hold multiple queues so the caller can reach different users depending on the option they've selected.

Answer: To force the xxx-xxx-xxxx to send all calls to the AA go to Voice / System Setup / System Parameters and then enter a System DID for a manual entry to your AA extension.

Regarding this Question:

My other question is this. Is it possible for options 2 and 3 of the AA to be changed after the system kicks into night mode? eg. options 2 and 3 currently go to two different departments in our office, customer service and tech support. After hours, we outsource our tech support and customer service, so when the 7100 goes into "Night" mode, I want only those two numbers to change. So instead of options 2 and 3 going to internal extensions, they will both now go to separate external numbers. Or do I have to create separate AA's for Day and Night mode?

-I need to know first, Where is your phone number coming in from? Analog, PRI, or SIP Trunk? If analog very easy, but if PRI or SIP then more complicated.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Just found it in the "Auto Attendants" section. Now to configure it and tie it to my "Call Queuing" group I created.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Very Good!

Here is Config Guide for the AA: https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2926

Let us know if you need any help sending the calls from the AA to your call queue.

-Mark

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

K the way I have the AA routed, is I have my call queue extension (xxxx) as the operator extension. I then have our main line routed to the call queue (via call coverage options.) I'm not sure if that's right, if there is another way to do it that would be fantastic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Can you provide a little more detail of what you are trying to accomplish?  WHen do you want the call to go to your call queue? What group is the call queue for? the customer service desk, support, sales? Or one for each of them?

-Mark

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

So when a customer/client calls our office, I want it to go directly to the AA, and when they select sales, 2 of our phones will ring, when they select customer service, 3 (different) phones will ring, etc. So I figured in order for that to happen I have to have multiple call queues. What I've done is selected the "Transfer to a Phone Number" option under the digit I wish to transfer. Then I select "Extension" option, and type in the extension of the corresponding call queue I wish to transfer to. I believe that to be correct so here's my question I guess.

How do I make one line (xxx-xxx-xxxx) be able to have multiple queues? Right now I created a user account with a DID of the number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) the call queues will be in. Then I have the number going directly to a call queue under the user accounts "coverage" option. I want to ensure that calling this one number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) will automatically prompt the AA (I don't see an option under AA to add a DID,) and I also want that one number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) to hold multiple queues so the caller can reach different users depending on the option they've selected.

My other question is this. Is it possible for options 2 and 3 of the AA to be changed after the system kicks into night mode? eg. options 2 and 3 currently go to two different departments in our office, customer service and tech support. After hours, we outsource our tech support and customer service, so when the 7100 goes into "Night" mode, I want only those two numbers to change. So instead of options 2 and 3 going to internal extensions, they will both now go to separate external numbers. Or do I have to create separate AA's for Day and Night mode?

I know that's a lot, thank you for your patience and help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Rortega,

I think you are making this more confusing that you want it to be. From what you wrote, the simple way of accomplishing that is to create two ALL RING ring groups for the sales and customer service. You can specify how many calls you want to come into the ring group, you can specify a caller id prefix so the users know when the call is coming from the ring group or a call for them on their extension. each ring group can can voicemail, their own call coverage if no one answers the call and different behaviors for day/lunch/night/weekend etc...  In your NV7100, go to Voice / Stations / Ring Groups and see the settings for yourself.

the main difference in a ring group and call queue is that in the call queue you can set up a greetings/messages and then have its own music on hold. it is just harder to configure than ring groups.

So for your app, you have a call go directly to the AA, then when they press 2 it would go to the sales ring group, and 3 go to the customer service ring group.

Your question:

Answer: To force the xxx-xxx-xxxx to send all calls to the AA go to Voice / System Setup / System Parameters and then enter a System DID for a manual entry to your AA extension.

Regarding this Question:

-I need to know first, Where is your phone number coming in from? Analog, PRI, or SIP Trunk? If analog very easy, but if PRI or SIP then more complicated.

0 Kudos
rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I actually just kind of realized that after I asked the question. I ended up just creating separate ring groups to accomplish what I wanted. I will follow your steps so the AA is played right away when the number is dialed. I ended up just using the "call coverage" option to just forward it to the customer support 1-800 number for night mode.....made things a lot easier!

Now my question is, I want the call queue still after the AA is selected, so that way music will play while the customer is waiting for their call to be answered. In the AA, all I have to do is put in the call queues extension correct? Say option 2 is selected, and I have option to configured to ring the call queue extension, they would then be put in the call queue correct?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

yes much easier!  😃

Your question:

Now my question is, I want the call queue still after the AA is selected, so that way music will play while the customer is waiting for their call to be answered. In the AA, all I have to do is put in the call queues extension correct? Say option 2 is selected, and I have option to configured to ring the call queue extension, they would then be put in the call queue correct?

Solution:

What you said earlier in a previous post was the correct way to do it:

What I've done is selected the "Transfer to a Phone Number" option under the digit I wish to transfer. Then I select "Extension" option, and type in the extension of the corresponding call queue I wish to transfer to.

You can put in the extension of the call queue or the ring group there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mark

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I think that's it, I just tested the system and all seems to work ok, thank you very much! I appreciate it a lot. I'll mark one of your answers as correct since they all helped!