cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call forwarding when Operator group is used

Jump to solution

My customer uses an operator group where users can log in and out of the group.  When they wish to forward incoming calls to an external line it does not work.  I assume this is because they have users logged into group.  Receptionist phone (always in op group) sets her phone to forward to external cell number.  Is it just a matter of making sure other group members are logged out or is there some other operation that needs to be done.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Call forwarding when Operator group is used

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r, the only change you could make that would have any affect on the call flow would be to adjust the call coverage of the ring group itself. A call originating from a ring group to a user will not be forwarded by an individual phone under any circumstances. You could either have the call coverage of the ring group go to the alternate number after a certain number of rings or implement system modes.

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2331

Implementing system modes would allow you to either set up an automatic timer on the system or put a button on the reception phone to change it. With system modes in place, you could configure one set of call coverage for when the receptionist is at her desk and one set of coverage for when she is away.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r, call forwarding on a local user phone only works on calls that are specifically directed at that phone. Calls originating from a ring group or an operator group are not affected by local call forwarding. If you wanted the operator group calls to go elsewhere, your best bet would be to implement system modes to allow them to toggle the call coverage on the operator group itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sorry, it is a ring group that is configured.  Reception phone is 1100 and is in the operator group.  All incoming calls are sent to 8001 (ring group).  So I am not sure what extension needs to forward calls.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r, the only change you could make that would have any affect on the call flow would be to adjust the call coverage of the ring group itself. A call originating from a ring group to a user will not be forwarded by an individual phone under any circumstances. You could either have the call coverage of the ring group go to the alternate number after a certain number of rings or implement system modes.

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2331

Implementing system modes would allow you to either set up an automatic timer on the system or put a button on the reception phone to change it. With system modes in place, you could configure one set of call coverage for when the receptionist is at her desk and one set of coverage for when she is away.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Jay, sorry it is a ring group 8001 and not an operator group.  So do I create a custom mode that forwards calls to Ring an external number under the 8001 ring group>Call coverage>custom 1 or do I create this in the System Mode, I notice in the System Mode it asks for schedule time, not sure how I specify the times and dates for this.  I need this to be available only at certain times when they have no one in the office. If they use the settings in the ring group Call coverage of 8001 how do they turn on and off?  Thanks Jay. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok, I will configure the System Mode, they have a user that can access Admin interface to change modes instead of the receptionist perfomring this. Thanks again I think I have it now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok, I tried and am totally lost.  I went to System Modes and selected Custom 1  and at that point it asked me for times and dates.  I dont want times and dates.  I just want to specify all incoming calls forwarded to external number on demand like an override..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r, you can set up a status group with the applicable system modes you want to toggle on the phones:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2260

Alternatively, you can use the drop down box on the "System Modes" page to manually set the current mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

We will use the drop down on the gui.  My issue is that I do not know where to define actions for system modes.  Do I set the call coverage under the 8001 ring group to ring external with custom 1, then set the Custom 1 as current system mode?  Do I do this from the Trunk accounts?  Do I have to define times in the Custom 1 option at all?  None of these answers are on the documents that you linked me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r, the answers to all of these questions are covered in the first document I provided.

You would set the coverage within the "Call Coverage" setting of the ring group that you're using. Each individual coverage section (Default, Night, Lunch, etc), can be defined with its own set of actions.

Based on which coverage section you use, you would then set that as the current system mode. For example, if you use "Night" mode to define your coverage to an external number in the ring group, every time you select "Night" from the drop down, any user or group with call coverage settings for "Night" will begin using those settings.

Setting times for system modes is only necessary if you want the system to automatically adjust the system modes. If you are setting the modes manually, either through a status group on your phone or by using the drop-down in the GUI, there is no need to set any times.