cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themercr
New Contributor

Can I use the Netvanta to register a line on some Aastra phones

Can I use the Netvanta to register a line on some Aastra phones so I can provide dial tone and make calls via a FXo line tied to a local POTS line from PSTN to make calls?

The Netvanta is only acting as the dial tone for this one line to the Aastra phones, where they are connected to a Metaswitch as hosted PBX for all other services.

I just want to register the line on one button of the Aastra phone to the Netvanta to provide local calls. This would also need to provide the line on multiple Aastra phones off the same line.

Does this sound doable?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Can I use the Netvanta to register a line on some Aastra phones

Build a voice user type SIP for the phone, set up the FXO as a trunk, put your local dialplan as accepted in grouped-trunk and away you go.

You can also have the phone ring when the FXO gets a call.  Assign an extension to the phone, and under the voice trunk to which the FXO is mapped, enter trunk-number <extension> .

Do you have a config example? You stated to build voice user type SIP that was not an option for voice user, it wants a telephone number. I have the second part working it is the first part I have been having trouble with. I think I need to register the line on the Aastra phone to the Netvanta so I can get dial tone and dial out the local POTS via the FXO port with the local POTS line connected. The Aastra phone is on a public IP behind a SBC that is part of HPBX off of a Metaswitch. All other lines on the phone are registered to the Meta. Only one line will register to the Netvanta so the customer can push that line to make and receive local calls as they are not in our LATA. They will be a office that is part of a business group with multiple locations that are in a different LATA.

Thanks for any help.

Craig

Anonymous
Not applicable

Craig,

Were you able to come up with a solution to this?  If so, can you post an update so others can benefit from the information?

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Craig,

If I understand correctly you want to have phones that are actually registered to an off-site hosted PBX to use a second identity registration that connects to the local 7100 which then gets dial tone from local Analog lines when ever the users select that line on the phone.  This should be doable as long as the phones support multiple registrations.  Here are some configs examples to build off of I am assuming you have all other pieces working correctly.

voice trunk T01 type analog supervision loop-start

connect fxo 0/1

rtp delay-mode adaptive

!

voice trunk T02 type analog supervision loop-start

connect fxo 0/2

rtp delay-mode adaptive

!

voice grouped-trunk LOCALANALOG

trunk T01

trunk T02

accept NXX-XXXX cost 0

accept 911 cost 0

accept NXX-NXX-XXXX cost 0

voice user 5551111 (Make sure the numbers here do not interfere with other numbers being used)

connect sip

password madeupsecurepasswordhere

caller-id-override external-number 5555551234 (use local number here)

sip-authentication password  madeupsecurepasswordhere

remote-phone

John Wable