Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbauer
New Contributor

Connecting Netvanta 7060 to intercom

Jump to solution

Hi all

We're in the process of migrating to a Netvanta 7060 in one of the schools I manage, and I'm having some trouble trying to integrate the two way paging/intercom system that they use.

Currently the intercom uses an analog phone, which triggers different pages (Public address, or two way calling between classrooms and the office) using a number of * codes. The phone that drives the system now is just a standard analog phone, but when you pick it up you don't get a standard dial tone.

At any rate, I'd like to replace the old phone by integrating the system into the Netvanta. I was originally intending to patch the line into one of the FSX ports in the back, but I can't figure out how to set it up to get the phones to kick over to that line.

Is there a way to set up a dial code that will activate a specific trunk or station port, even if there's no traditional dial tone, and without sending any keypresses? I'd like to activate the line on the phone, and then let them enter the specific code they want.

I really appreciate any help you can give. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Connecting Netvanta 7060 to intercom

Jump to solution

Ken, if you were plugging a phone into it, then the port on the intercom system was likely an FXS port, meaning you'd need to connect it to an FXO port on the 7100. You can create a trunk account for that FXO port and permit a certain number combination out of that trunk. The port should go off hook when that number combination is dialed. The only potential issue with that is that the system would then send the digits you dialed out the port. If that won't cause any problems with your paging system, that would be the best bet. Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Connecting Netvanta 7060 to intercom

Jump to solution

Ken, if you were plugging a phone into it, then the port on the intercom system was likely an FXS port, meaning you'd need to connect it to an FXO port on the 7100. You can create a trunk account for that FXO port and permit a certain number combination out of that trunk. The port should go off hook when that number combination is dialed. The only potential issue with that is that the system would then send the digits you dialed out the port. If that won't cause any problems with your paging system, that would be the best bet. Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos