cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudi
New Contributor II

Converted MP3 for Custom MOH Distorted

Jump to solution

Have a customer who required a customized MOH file. Used the Audio Converter and converted a MP3 to a .wav file.

Uploaded PCMU file to MOH sounds very distorted when played unlike default .wav files.

Using default G711 codec.

Any suggestions ??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rudi
New Contributor II

Re: Converted MP3 for Custom MOH Distorted

Jump to solution

Customer and I both downloaded Audio Converter with the same results of quality of audio.

External MP3 device also same issue. We both used the same MP3 file to convert with the Audio Converter.

My understanding is MP3 files are compressed but, when converted will lose some audio quality.

Leaning on we were using a poor MP3 file to begin with. Would need to convert a known good MP3 file on a  switch to test my theory.

Rudi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

rudi,

Were you able to resolve this issue?  If so please come back to post an update so others can benefit.  If you are still having the issue, it may be worth reinstalling the NetVanta Audio Converter from scratch from the instructions in this video: .  After it is installed this video shows how to apply the converted files for MOH: .  If you still have trouble after that, it would be best to open a support ticket and reference this post.  Support will likely need: a copy of the original MP3, the converted files, a copy of the unit's configuration, and possibly a PCAP and debugs of the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

rudi
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Customer and I both downloaded Audio Converter with the same results of quality of audio.

External MP3 device also same issue. We both used the same MP3 file to convert with the Audio Converter.

My understanding is MP3 files are compressed but, when converted will lose some audio quality.

Leaning on we were using a poor MP3 file to begin with. Would need to convert a known good MP3 file on a  switch to test my theory.

Rudi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Rudi,

Thanks for the update.  If you saw the same results on an external MP3 player too I agree the source file is likely the issue.  If you discover anything else on this please update this thread to let us know.

Thanks,

Matt