cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

DTMF issue

Jump to solution

Hi guys, We have a Netvanta 7100 at our location.  One of our extensions does not allow the user to select menu options from an external Auto Attendant when calling certain numbers.  It works when calling other numbers.  This only happens to one user; other users at the same location are not having issues selection AA options no matter what number they call.  Any idea what I might have to check on the 7100?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DTMF issue

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  In the end I ended up undoing the changes previously made to DTMF and created a second SIP Trunk and Trunk Group.  I applied the changes to DTMF only to that Trunk and routed outbound calls to the number that users had reported having an issue with out that Trunk.  All other calls are routed via the first trunk.  Solution is a bit out of the box but worked well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Juad,

If a different user calls the same number that fails for the user does DTMF work?  If it fails on a different phone/user as well it maybe a Carrier issue where calls to that number take a different route that has a different DTMF RFC assigned especially if it is SIP hand off to the carrier. Is the user having the issue using a different model phone or different firmware then everyone else?  If so that phone maybe having issues try replacing or reinstalling firmware to match the rest.  Does the user phone connect directly into the 7100 or is there other network hardware involved?  Example a remote phone off site.  If it does have other network hardware in between particularly routers or firewall try disabling SIP ALG on the devices.  Also you will probably want to run the following debugs will that user is making a call to the failing numbers.

debug sip stack message

debug voice verbose

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, When calling to the same number from another phone, DTMF works. A long time ago I updated the PBX firmware from A4.X to R10.8.X. After the firmware update, in PBX IP Phone Configs, our Polycom IP 335 phone configs whose Phone Model setting was set to Polycom SoundPoint IP 32x/33x were highlighted in orange.  The Phone Model setting had to be updated to ADTRAN/Polycom IP 335.  But I never did. I left the configs with the old settings. I only use the new phone model description (ADTRAN/Polycom IP 335) for new phones I have been adding since then. I have confirmed that all phones added as ADTRAN/Polycom IP 335 are experiencing the same DTMF issue.  The phones whose Phone Model setting was left as Polycom SoundPoint IP 32x/33x do not have the DTMF issue. I'm not sure how I want to proceed.  Something is telling me that I will need to update the firmware on all the phones and perhaps the PBX.  Polycom IP 335 phones are currently running 3.2.x.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Juad,

I would double check and see if they are the Adtran Branded phone or the actual Polycom phones.  There was a licensing issue for a large part of the 10.X firmware which had problems running the Adtran version of the Polycom and the actual Polycom phones on the same system this mayor may not be related.  There could also be a firmware version between the Adtran Branded model and the actual Polycom model of the phone.  I would verify all phones are the same model and part number and then check the firmware configuration to ensure you are actually using the firmware.  If you are running both Adtran and Polycom versions you may need to update the 7100 to a new firmware that addresses running a mixed environment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

All phones have the polycom logo top and center.  All were purchased at the same time from the same vendor.  All phones were running firmware version 3.2.x.

The only difference between the phones experiencing the DTMF issue and those that are not is that in PBX IP Phone Configs the Phone Model setting is set to Polycom SoundPoint IP 32x/33x for phones not experiencing DTMF issue.  The Phone Model setting for phones experiencing the issue is set to ADTRAN/Polycom IP 335.

I just now updated the firmware on one of the phones experiencing the DTMF issue to 4.0.x to see if that would resolve it but problem persists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

juad,

That maybe your problem the phones that are having the problem have been configured as the Adtran version of the phone not the Polycom version of the phone.  Try deleting one of the phones having the issue and rebuild it selecting the Polycom Soundpoint and not the Adtran/Polycom version.

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I don't know how I would go about rebuilding it using Polycom Soundpoint.  The option to select it as the phone model has been replaced by Adtra/Polycom. I fixed the issue by setting up Media-Achoring and configuring DTMF Inband on the PBX.  However, I just received word that after fixing this one issue, our users on the same PBX that use Adtran IP 712 phones started having problems selecting option menus when calling long distance numbers.  Now what?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Juad,

What AOS/firmware is your 7100 running?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It was running R10.8 when the issue was reported to me; one of the things I did in attempting to resolve the DTMF issue was updating to R11.4.2.  We have multiple sites and to my knowledge this has not happened anywhere else.  I tested on one other site running R11.4.2 and did not have any DTMF issues there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  In the end I ended up undoing the changes previously made to DTMF and created a second SIP Trunk and Trunk Group.  I applied the changes to DTMF only to that Trunk and routed outbound calls to the number that users had reported having an issue with out that Trunk.  All other calls are routed via the first trunk.  Solution is a bit out of the box but worked well.

0 Kudos