cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Extensions ring when sending fax

Jump to solution

We are using a 7100 with (2) Analog lines.  The secondary analog line is routed through a line sharing device (The Stick, diagram attached).  When sending a fax the extensions (VVX 400) will ring, client assumes incoming call but only hear fax tones.  Secondary line comes into Stick, Line 1 goes to FXO 0/2, Line 2 goes to Fax.  The Stick will forward fax to fax and phone to extensions (ring group) properly but sending fax causes phone extensions to ring.  We have been using the Stick device for some years now since the Adtran cannot route faxes natively and they have worked fine with this exception.  I have reviewed the configs and replaced Stick unit with new to ensure there are no issues there with no success.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Extensions ring when sending fax

Jump to solution

Well it took me a little bit but I have resolved the issue.  I had the provider test the analog line and they found a short in one of the pairs on their end.  This was essentially allowing a loopback on outgoing ring.  Answered.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Extensions ring when sending fax

Jump to solution

Well it took me a little bit but I have resolved the issue.  I had the provider test the analog line and they found a short in one of the pairs on their end.  This was essentially allowing a loopback on outgoing ring.  Answered.

0 Kudos