Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ing_gomez_clevermx
New Contributor III

FXO offhooked.

Jump to solution

Good afternoon forum, i have the next issues with the NV7100:

1. FXO unhooked. I have 2 FXO connected to my 7100, i can make phone calls perfectrly, but i have a serious problem when i reciebe a phone call and it is not answered by an extention, because the line keeps in a offhook state. Does enny one has presented this problem?

2. Talking about both FXO lines, how can I make outgoing calls take one or another line? I have configured 2 trunk groups, but there is no difference, because the 7100 takes a line interchangeably

doesn't matter the prefix or the group.

Thankyou for reading, comments welcome!!

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FXO offhooked.

Jump to solution

Thanks for providing that.  Both interfaces show Measured ERL:  0 dB. From these results it looks like there is an issue with the quality of the line.  I would recommend contacting the provider.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

ing_gomez_clevermx,

For issue #1 have you tried running the ERL tool on the unit?  You can read detailed instructions on using the ERL tool in this guide: .  We always recommend running it on any analog line connected to the NetVanta 7100.  If running the ERL tool does not help (please try that first) can you post the results of the following show commands and debugs while recreating the issue:

debug interface fxo

debug voice verbose

show run interface fxo 0/1

show run interface fxo 0/2

show run voice trunk

show run voice grouped-trunk

For issue number 2, you can create two separate grouped trunks: one for each FXO interface.  You can then modify the accept template for both trunks to specify which numbers should get routed out each trunk.  Below is a very stripped down example that would send all inbound calls on either trunk to an auto-attendant at extension 8001, route all 7 digit outbound calls to trunk T01 connected to FXO 0/1, and route all 10 digit outbound calls to trunk T02 connected FXO 0/2.  If you want to route outbound calls based on what user is placing the call you can use .

!

voice trunk T01 type analog supervision loop-start

caller-id

trunk-number 8001

connect fxo 0/1

rtp delay-mode adaptive

codec-group g711_first

!

!

voice trunk T02 type analog supervision loop-start

caller-id

trunk-number 8001

connect fxo 0/2

rtp delay-mode adaptive

codec-group g711_first

!

!

voice grouped-trunk ANALOG_LOCAL

trunk T01

accept NXX-XXXX cost 0

!

!

voice grouped-trunk ANALOG_LONG_DISTANCE

trunk T02

accept NXX-NXX-XXXX cost 0

!

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

I ran the test, and I got 0 dB for all the impedances.

I will send you the debugs

Jump to solution

The debugs attached

Message was edited by: matt - removed sensitive information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If the ERL results came back as 0 dB there is a problem with the line.  Anything less than 10 dB is unacceptable.  Can you paste in the output of a show interface fxo 0/1 and show interface fxo 0/2 to confirm?

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

fxo 0/1 is UP

Two-wire Status: Onhook

Test Status: INACTIVE

No Tests

Impedance: Rs 220 ohms, Rp 820 ohms, Cp 115 nF

Transmit Gain: +0.0dB

Receive Gain: +0.0dB

Measured ERL: 0 dB

Last clearing of "show interface" counters: never

fxo 0/2 is UP

Two-wire Status: Onhook

Test Status: INACTIVE

No Tests

Impedance: Rs 220 ohms, Rp 820 ohms, Cp 115 nF

Transmit Gain: +0.0dB

Receive Gain: +0.0dB

Measured ERL: 0 dB

Last clearing of "show interface" counters: never

I have to tell you, that we have to unplug the lines from the divice

because of the problem.

2012/9/26 matt <adtran@sgaur.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

ADTRAN Support Community<https://supportforums.adtran.com/index.jspa> FXO offhooked. created by

matt <https://supportforums.adtran.com/people/matt> in *NetVanta 7000

Series* - View the full discussion<https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/4873#4873>

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for providing that.  Both interfaces show Measured ERL:  0 dB. From these results it looks like there is an issue with the quality of the line.  I would recommend contacting the provider.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,
Matt