cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sschindler
New Contributor

Fax/CC Machine stopped working on FXS port

We have a fax machine and credit card scanner on an FXS port that has all of a sudden stopped working. It can no longer dial out. I plugged an analog phone into the port and it detects a dial tone and you can actually call the extension (x152) on that phone and answers it just fine. But you cannot place an outbound call on it. I'm not sure what's up with this. We haven't made any changes to the system recently. The system was setup by Adtran ProStart team a few months ago.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fax/CC Machine stopped working on FXS port

Hi sschindler:

I'm not too savvy with the 7000 series, but I see that you have voice user 152 as well as trunk-number 152 tied to T19.  Could these conflict?  Total shot in the dark; hopefully someone will follow with a proper answer to your issue. 

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

sschindler,

Can you provide anymore details about when it stopped working?  I am seeing where you do not have the codec group assigned to voice user 152.  There is the possible conflict Chris pointed out as well.  I would run a debug voice verbose while placing a call and putting the results of that here as well, it might fill in the blanks.

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

sschindler,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  If so please come back to this thread to provide an update so others can benefit from the solution.  As John mentioned getting a debug voice verbose while placing an outbound call will shed some light on what is happening.

Thanks,

Matt