cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braintoss
New Contributor II

Firewall keeps turning off... Not sure why.

For the 3rd time now, in the past 6 months, we have had a client call in with network/calling issues. When we log into the system, we see this throughout the configuration:

! IPv4 access-policy will not be used until IPv4 firewall is enabled

So, we go in, turn the firewall on, and everything acts normal again.

No one (1 other tech and myself) has logged in to turn the firewall off, so how might this be happening? Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks guys!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
michael56
New Contributor III

Re: Firewall keeps turning off... Not sure why.

Are you "write mem"ing after you make your change? Also you might confirm your AOS did/didn't have a bulletin out on whatever AOS you're on.

braintoss
New Contributor II

Yea, I'm writing/saving everything. And it's not right away. It seems to go down at "random".

We have several sites that have began doing the same thing recently. Have encrypted and changed passwords ect and still have  them changing.

michael56
New Contributor III

frank160,

braintoss, i

t's sounding like you need to consult with Adtran directly on the firewall shutting down randomly. Its sounding like a software/firmware glitch that Adtran should be made aware of to investigate. Especially if you're both on the NV7000.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jason, I would suggest opening a ticket with support for further investigation. The most important things to verify would be:

1) Check for any rules allowing public access on the WAN side

2) Confirm that your polycomftp user account has a portal list applied to it that only allows ftp access. You might also want to consider changing this password.

Thanks

Jay