cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dafeagin
New Contributor

Global Directory Custom Entries

Jump to solution

I need to populate the global directory for 6 seperate Netvanta 7100's with the same data.

Is it possible to upload or import a text file to the global directory instead of manually entering them?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Global Directory Custom Entries

Jump to solution

dafeagin,

Not 100% sure this is kind of a guess on my part as I haven't tried it however I believe the following may do what you need. First on a system that already has all the information in it go to IP Phone Globals, global directory, and click the Save Global at the bottom.  This will create a file named adtran_phonebook.csv in the adtran folder. You can FTP to you 7100 and get a copy of adtran\adtran_phonebook.csv from one which is already built then FTP to the other systems and then upload the file as adtran_phonebook.csv to the other systems and then go into IP Phone Globals, Global Files, and the following to the end of the ADTRAN adtran_customer.txt:

SystemPhonebook adtran_phonebook.csv

I do not know if there is a similar method for Polycom phones or not.

John Wable

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dafeagin,

Not 100% sure this is kind of a guess on my part as I haven't tried it however I believe the following may do what you need. First on a system that already has all the information in it go to IP Phone Globals, global directory, and click the Save Global at the bottom.  This will create a file named adtran_phonebook.csv in the adtran folder. You can FTP to you 7100 and get a copy of adtran\adtran_phonebook.csv from one which is already built then FTP to the other systems and then upload the file as adtran_phonebook.csv to the other systems and then go into IP Phone Globals, Global Files, and the following to the end of the ADTRAN adtran_customer.txt:

SystemPhonebook adtran_phonebook.csv

I do not know if there is a similar method for Polycom phones or not.

John Wable

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked for the phones.

However, it does not reflect on the Global Directory list on the 7100.  As long as no one saves the global directory from the 7100 interface, it does not matter.

Do you know of a way to reflect the changes in the adtran_phonebook.csv in the 7100 interface?

David Feagin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

David,

I do not know of an easy way, that list is built from the actual users built on the system itself it does not populate from the file it populates the file.  You maybe to do something with phantom users and creative dial plans where you could copy and paste the config via the CLI but it could cause licensing issues depnding upon how many users total between the 6 devices.

John Wable

Jump to solution

It's not worth all that.  I was just looking at how far I could take it.

Your first answer solved my problem.

Thanks for your help.

David Feagin