cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benno16
New Contributor

Hide CLI on SIP Trunk

I am wondering how I can hide the CLI (enable CLIR) on a SIP trunk for outbound calls.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Hide CLI on SIP Trunk

Could you rephrase?  The CLI is available via telnet, SSH, or console and really has nothing to do with SIP trunking.

benno16
New Contributor

CLI = Calling Line Identification

I want my outbound calls over a SIP trunk to hide the CLI. which means enabling CLIR, I dont know how to make it more obvious.

Instead of showing 112233 I want the present nothing to the carrier.

vanna
New Contributor

You can use :

match ani $ substitute $ name "whatever"

That should work ..:)

jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Oh!  To me, CLI = Command Line Interface, CLID = Calling Line ID.

This can get complicated depending on how your carrier authenticates your SIP calls. Some carriers use PAI for authentication and some will insert PAI as CLID when handing to the final destination. If you strip the CLID from the "from" message your carrier may reject the call. You may need to consult the carrier if calls fail to authenticate.

For starters, set the global command sip privacy or ip sip privacy depending on your AOS version and restrict CLID on the originating trunk, see if that does it.  You may also need to tweak the sip grammar commands of sip grammar default-privacy and sip grammar restricted-privacy.

In rare cases on the outgoing SIP trunk I've had to add the following:

match dnis X$ substitute *67X$

There is some trial-and-error involved depending on the carrier and how the call is presented to you. Be sure that you add a valid number to emergency CLID so that calls to 9-1-1 aren't blocked. Under the SIP trunk, caller-id-override emergency-outbound [your main number]