cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmann
New Contributor

How to get default Adrtan 7100 compact flash files?

I recently had a 7100 take a surge that locked up the Eth 0/0 port, so I had to replace the cabinet.  I did a backup and restored it to the new cabinet, but the all the factory default audio prompts are garbled.  Even recording new audio recordings for greetings and AA prompts are just garbled noise.  Only way I could fix it, was to use the old compact flash from the original unit and place it in the new one.  Question I have is, is there way to default the compact flash to the original files, or is there somewhere I can download them to replace them?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to get default Adrtan 7100 compact flash files?

Looks like it might be a corrupt compact flash card.

To prove it, you can put the bad card back into the 7100 and then run this command “erase file-system cflash”

Then reload the unit. When it comes back up it will rebuild the files except the MOH.

If you still want to use the card from your old unit, then you would just run that same command again, and then reload unit.

To get the default MOH and system prompts, go to www.adtran.com<http://www.adtran.com> then support > Product Downloads > Software Downloads

Then select Netvanta > NetVanta 7000 Series > NetVanta 7100 then click Find Software. From the results, you want the MOH files from NetVanta 7000 Series Audio and Utilities . Then you can upload them to the MOH folder and then appropriate codec folder.

If you have questions, let me know.

-Mark

hmann
New Contributor

Worked perfectly!  Thanks Mark!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Glad it is working.

What steps did you do to get it working so those reading this later can know what you did to fix the problem.

Thanks!

-Mark

hmann
New Contributor

I just followed your steps above to the letter.  The reload took longer than usual, but I'm sure that due to rebuilding the CF.  I'm currently uploading MOH files right now (Make sure to use Internet Explorer ), but all corrupted files are gone and the system is working great.  Even the new recordings for AA prompts are working correctly.  Thanks again!