cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayg75
New Contributor III

IP 706 Phones cant transfer calls

I have 7100 with some polycom phones and IP 706 phones.  The Polycom phones can transfer with no problems.  The Adtran phone do not have the ability to transfer.  I have checked and the transfer option appears to be enabled from the best I can tell.  I have uploaded the config and debug logs on a different problem I am having with the same phone system about not being about to change the number of rings before VM picks up for one extension.

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IP 706 Phones cant transfer calls

I think we resolved the other problem about not being able to change the number of rings.  If not, just reply on that thread and we can continue to work on it there: Unable to change number of rings before voicemail picks up.

For the transfer problem, verify that you have at least two line keys assigned to the phone.  On ADTRAN IP 700 phones each line key represents one Call Appearance, and two are needed to perform a transfer.  If there are at least two line keys and this problem is isolated to only one phone I would suggest trying to default the phone by going to Menu > 2. Phone Settings > 9. Reset > press the Factory softkey on the bottom of the display followed by the Ok softkey on the next screen.  After the phone reboots and reloads its configuration try again, and then try deleting the phone and user from the GUI first in Voice > IP Phone Configs and then Voice > User Accounts followed by recreating the user from scratch. 

If that does not help I will need to see a debug and have a detailed call flow description including button presses on the phone.  For example: external user with a number ending in 1234 calls in to the main number, goes to receptionist at extension 101, the receptionist hits the transfer key on the phone, enters the target extension to send the call to and hits the transfer button again, and then the call is disconnected.  If possible I would like to see the output from a debug sip stack messages, debug voice verbose, and debug isdn l2-formatted all enabled at the same time when the issue is recreated to match your call flow description.  Once you get one please submit it to the FTP server and then reply with the filename so I can retrieve it.  I still have your configuration on file from the other post so I can use it in conjunction with the debug to see what is causing the problem. 

If nothing obvious shows up in the debug and the other steps mentioned above do not help you will most likely need to upgrade the NetVanta 7100 firmware as well as the phone firmware too.

Thanks,

Matt

rayg75
New Contributor III

It is doing the same thing with all of the IP706 phones so it is not tied to one user.  I tried to upload the new phone firmware to the 7100 through the GUI so that I could update the phone firmware.  I know that it is a least one version behind if not more.  When I tried to upload I got could not fine the processFile resource.  I tried using IE and Firefox with HTTP and HTTPS.  I will try to run the debugs tomorrow to get you the log files.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a guide on upgrading the ADTRAN IP 700 phone firmware: .  You should always check the release notes for the version of code the unit is running to determine the proper version of phone firmware.  If you can get the information requested from my last response I would be happy to look at it and troubleshoot further with you.

Thanks,

Matt

rayg75
New Contributor III

I have uploaded the requested debug logs.  rglenn072213.  When I pulled the logs I was talking to extension 112.  She does not have a transfer soft button.  She pushed the button that says transfer and she gets a dial tone.  She punched in an extension and then nothing happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rayg75 wrote:

I have uploaded the requested debug logs.  rglenn072213.  When I pulled the logs I was talking to extension 112.  She does not have a transfer soft button.  She pushed the button that says transfer and she gets a dial tone.  She punched in an extension and then nothing happens.

Where did you upload the logs? They don't appear to be added to the thread.

rayg75
New Contributor III

To the Adtran FTP site as Matt requested.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rayg75 wrote:

To the Adtran FTP site as Matt requested.

My apologies. I missed where Matt specified that in his first reply.

The phone does not attempt to send a call to the 7100. Assuming the phone dial plan is correctly set for 3 digits, I would recommend upgrading the 7100 to at least version A4.12 and the phones to version 1.3.16.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you have any additional information on this that others may benefit from, please come back to this post to provide an update. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply. 

Thanks,

Matt