Did you mean: 
dlevasseur
Contributor
Contributor

Incoming call handling irregularities

Jump to solution

Issue #1

We have two ring groups

A Daytime ring group of about 8 phones that handle incoming calls from 7:45am - 5:00pm

A Nighttime ring group that is basically "Ring Everyone" from 5:00pm - 7:45am (so anyone can pick up after hours calls)

One of the issues is that sometimes a group call rings out to all extensions during the daytime.  It's infrequent and I can't replicate the issue.

Issue #2

Sometimes incoming calls ring to all extensions and are not prefaced with the GRP_ designator.  It seems these calls are being routed around the group.  Usually (not always) these calls are from "Unknown" caller IDs.

Just wondering if anyone has had these issues, known problem, is there any fix?

NetVanta 7100 Firmware: A4.12.00.E

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Incoming call handling irregularities

Jump to solution

dlevasseur

For issue number 1, how are the system mode changes handled on this NV7100?  If you are manually changing the system mode is it possible this was accidentally changed to night mode during the daytime? 

A debug would likely be needed to troubleshoot this issue further.  The guide below has instructions on enabling a persistent debug.  Capture the debug output from "debug sip stack message" and "debug voice verbose" for this problem.

Enabling Persistent Debug Logging

For issue number 2 this has been resolved in a newer release of firmware with a software fix.  You can upgrade to AOS revision A5.03 or later for this fix.

Thanks,

Charles

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dlevasseur

For issue number 1, how are the system mode changes handled on this NV7100?  If you are manually changing the system mode is it possible this was accidentally changed to night mode during the daytime? 

A debug would likely be needed to troubleshoot this issue further.  The guide below has instructions on enabling a persistent debug.  Capture the debug output from "debug sip stack message" and "debug voice verbose" for this problem.

Enabling Persistent Debug Logging

For issue number 2 this has been resolved in a newer release of firmware with a software fix.  You can upgrade to AOS revision A5.03 or later for this fix.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

dlevasseur,

Were you able to confirm the upgrade to A5.03 or later resolved your issue with the missing GRP ring-group prefix?  Also, on the new firmware were you able to get a debug of the system mode issue?  If you were able to resolve these issues please come back to this post to update it with any relevant information so others can benefit from it.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

I believe issue #1 is resolved.

I honestly haven't looked into the firmware update.  Since we are on our 3rd Netvanta 7100 in less than 1.5 years I'm really reluctant to do anything to it that might cause problems.  Is the update safe, tested, reliable?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update.  I apologize for your experience.  That seems abnormal for sure, so I understand your reluctance to change anything.  To answer your question, all of our firmware is tested.  In general later maintenance releases will be more stable as new features are not added and bug fixes are concentrated on, for example R10.5.2 vs  R10.7.0.  Typically we recommend staying with your current version of firmware unless you need a specific bug fix or a newly added feature.  If the issue is not critical to you, it is ok to stay where you are at.  If you would like to upgrade you need to make sure to read the release notes to see if phone firmware should also be updated and to make sure you are using a compatible UC server version if this is part of a BCS.  The release notes cover all the new features, bug fixes, as well as requirements for other components.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

Wow, that's a pretty major update.  Lots of fixes and some enhancements that I could really use.  Unfortunately I have to update my phones, UC Server, AND NetVanta.  Hopes aren't high that this would all go smoothly with my experience so far.  If I have a maintenance contract can I just call up and have them do it all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I would suggest opening a support ticket to discuss the details.  There are a lot of factors, especially when more than one piece of equipment is in the mix, like in a BCS setup.  Sometimes there are special case scenarios where upgrading the UC server is not completely necessary but ADTRAN Technical Support would need to make that call after a careful assessment of your topology, call flows, and several other factors.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.

Thanks,

Matt