cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kurttsc
New Contributor

Missed Call Logs on Ring Group

Jump to solution

We have a customer that says when you call the main number of their Ring Group it does not show up as a missed call on their phones. When you call the direct number for one of the extensions the missed call shows up on the phone.

Customer has an Adtran 7100 and they have Adtran VVX 400 phones.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Missed Call Logs on Ring Group

Jump to solution

This is a feature which was added about 6-9 months ago based on customer requests. The feature is called "Context Sensitive Missed Call Display Suppression". Basically the feature does not show up a call which has been ( could be) answered on another phone of the ring group. This way users are not tripped up by seeing a large number of missed call logs, even though all of those calls may already have been answered on some other user of the ring group.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is a feature which was added about 6-9 months ago based on customer requests. The feature is called "Context Sensitive Missed Call Display Suppression". Basically the feature does not show up a call which has been ( could be) answered on another phone of the ring group. This way users are not tripped up by seeing a large number of missed call logs, even though all of those calls may already have been answered on some other user of the ring group.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
kurttsc
New Contributor

Jump to solution

The customer would like to be able to see all of the missed calls so how would I enable Missed Call Logs for the Ring Group?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I believe, it is not configurable to turn the feature off/on. However, that said this feature does not work with the IP706/IP712 model of IP phones. So that phone model could be substituted in place of the IP 706/712 phone.

Additionally if the purpose is to look at all the calls ( which may already have been answered on other phones in the ring group), then one can look at using a call accounting package from http://telecost.com or similar call accounting companies and use that package to mine the SMDR records for looking at all the incoming calls to that ring group, and generate customized reports from it.

The 7100 generates detailed SMDR ( Call Detail Records) which it can either store locally or forward to syslog server for post processing by "call accounting" packages.

Thanks,

Thanks,

braintoss
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

I have a similar issue with a TON of missed calls - mostly queued calls that rang at the users phone but didn't get answered there. Where do I find this?