Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NV7100 Questions

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

Derived from the work with the unit I need to deliver some answers to a customer, based on the newest firmware:

1. Which processor is on the unit and which characteristics does it have?

2. Which products do you recommend for extract the CDR's of the NV7100?

3. With the new SBC's features, can we handle bandwidth control over SIP trunks?

4. Is it possible that in a E1/ISDN divide the E1 in different trunk groups or separate individual channels?

5. How many three-way conferences can handle the equipment simultaneously?

6. Time ago, I had a situation with the inbound calls into the Automatic Attendant, if I try to reach the AA over g.729 codec it wasn't possible to make the call because it only supports g.711. Has this behaviour changed, is now g.729 supported?

7. Have been some improvements in the "Call Center like" functions?

8. Over ISDN can we do the "Sending Complete" instruction automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NV7100 Questions

Jump to solution

Dcorrea, I’ll try to answer your questions in-line:

- That specific information is not published.

- Specific recommendations for call accounting software are discussed in this thread: https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/8933#8933

3. With the new SBC's features, can we handle bandwidth control over SIP trunks?

- By this question, I assume you are asking if we can do QoS maps on individual SIP trunks. The answer is no, however you could set up QoS maps on your WAN interface to do traffic control. It's also worth clarifying that the 7100 is not an SBC, but rather a PBX, and some of the SBC configuration guides to not apply.

4. Is it possible that in a E1/ISDN divide the E1 in different trunk groups or separate individual channels?

- This would be possible if you were doing T1 RBS, but it is not possible with a PRI.

- This is going to depend on the types of calls. If you’re conferencing in 2 external users, that’s going to be limited by the available channels on your WAN trunk, while 3 internal users would be handled by the phones themselves and would not consume resources on the 7100.

6. Time ago, I had a situation with the inbound calls into the Automatic Attendant, if I try to reach the AA over g.729 codec it wasn't possible to make the call because it only supports g.711. Has this behaviour changed, is now g.729 supported?

- I believe you may have the codecs reversed, as the AA supports G.729, but all 2nd generation 7100 units should support transcoding from an external trunk to an auto attendant.

- Can you please be more specific as to what you’re looking for here?

- Can you please be more specific about what you’re looking for here?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dcorrea, I’ll try to answer your questions in-line:

- That specific information is not published.

- Specific recommendations for call accounting software are discussed in this thread: https://supportforums.adtran.com/message/8933#8933

- By this question, I assume you are asking if we can do QoS maps on individual SIP trunks. The answer is no, however you could set up QoS maps on your WAN interface to do traffic control. It's also worth clarifying that the 7100 is not an SBC, but rather a PBX, and some of the SBC configuration guides to not apply.

- This would be possible if you were doing T1 RBS, but it is not possible with a PRI.

- This is going to depend on the types of calls. If you’re conferencing in 2 external users, that’s going to be limited by the available channels on your WAN trunk, while 3 internal users would be handled by the phones themselves and would not consume resources on the 7100.

- I believe you may have the codecs reversed, as the AA supports G.729, but all 2nd generation 7100 units should support transcoding from an external trunk to an auto attendant.

- Can you please be more specific as to what you’re looking for here?

- Can you please be more specific about what you’re looking for here?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dear Jay,

Thanks for your help, for the answer on question number 6 the problem was that if the ITSP with my sip trunk to the NV7100 sends me a call if this has a g729 the AA cannot answer, because it only accepts calls with g.711 codec. Has this behaviour changed with the 2nd gen of 7100?

Thanks again,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dcorrea, the auto-attendant answers with G.729, so you should be fine if that's what your provider supports, but transcoding from G.711 should also be supported in second generation units.