cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

NV7100 VM to EMail WAV file getting cut off

Hi,

VM to email is working ok but the problem is that when a caller leaves a long message it gets cut off after about 10 seconds in the WAV file.  WAV When retrieving the message from the phone everything is fine.  This only shows up in the WAV file that is attached to the email   Is there a way to have the whole message converted to the WAV file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NV7100 VM to EMail WAV file getting cut off

dgardner,

Are there any kind of quota setup on the email system itself, i.e. maximum message size, or maximum attachment size?  As an experiment you could setup a test user account, and then set it up to forward the email to the standard customer email system and a secondary email address setup to forward to another address like a gmail address, leave a long message and then compare the results from the seperate email addresses.  If the one going to the outside email address is a different length there maybe a restriction on incoming messages.  If they are the same it maybe a restriction on outgoing messages.  If they have a hosted email provider you will have to confer with them, if it is internal such as Microsoft Exchange confer with the Exchange/email administrator to see if there are any quotas or other restrictions.  If you find out there are you should be able to work with the email administrator to get the settings changed for just email coming from the 7100.

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi John,

There is a maximum attachment size of 20meg so that should not be a problem because these messages are only 500kb at the very most.

Other large messages are getting thru just fine. Since the recorded message is ok on the phone it seems like the issue is occurring when the WAV file is being created for the email.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

dgardner,

Are other large wav files getting through ok. It could be a limitation to prevent DRM issues.  Also to the best of my knowlege the voicemails are all stored on the 7100 in wav format, this is evidenced by connecting to your 7100 via FTP and then opening the the VoiceMail folder, the extension folder, there you will find a .DSC file if you then go to the messages folder you will find a WAV file with a matching ID to the DSC file, you will also find a HDR file, the header file contains the caller id info that shows up in email.  I do not believe the there are two copies of the messages one for email and one for phone retrieval as that would be a large amount of wasted space.  So I would still lean towards an issue outside the 7100 since phone retrieval has the entire message.  You can try sending an email through the system with a large WAV file from outside of the phone system and see if it gets cut off as a test.  You can also do a port mirror on the system are do a packet capture of the email being sent then look for any abnormalities in the packet capture.

Hope this helps

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

dgardner,

Can you capture the output from a debug voice verbose and debug voice mail while leaving a message that recreates this issue?  It would also help if you could include the .wav file attachment from the e-mail and the .wav file from the VoiceMail/Messages folder on CFLASH that matches the .dsc pointer file for the user’s extension that John described above.  The WAV file sent in the e-mail is converted by the NetVanta 7100 automatically to a playable format.  However, the .wav files stored in the VoiceMail/Messages CFLASH folder are encoded with a G729 header.  The header would need to be removed and then the file can be converted in an external program. The basic procedure for this is outlined in this new document we just posted:

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

dgardner,

Were you able to resolve this issue?  If so please come back to this post and update it with the solution so others can benefit from it.  If you still need help I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this.  I would need all of the information outlined in the previous post.  If you can gather that in a .zip file, you can place it on our FTP server with the instructions below.  I will need to know the exact file name to retrieve the file.

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Thanks,
Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Matt,

No we have not been able to resolve this. I got tied up with other issues and have not had a chance to look at it lately. I will try to re-visit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

dgardner,

If you ever get a chance to get the requested information from the responses above and upload them to the FTP server, please come back to this post and leave a comment.  After I am altered I will retrieve them and respond.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

dgardner,

I just wanted to circle back on this issue again to see if anything ever changed.  Although we did not explicitly address any issue like this, I would be curious if a more recent version of firmware like R10.3.3 makes a difference.  If not, I would be more than happy to look at the debugs if you can supply them along with the other voicemail files outlined above.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt