cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keokata
New Contributor

NetVanta 7100 with CAT 3

Jump to solution

I am trying to upgrade customers in my county from circa 1980's Nortel to Adtran IP PBX 7100,challenge is CAT 3 cabling. Can I use a 1234P in conjunction with the 7100 and be okay ? Also the media converter is it necessary for every set ?

Message was edited by: matt - shortened title

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I am trying to upgrade customers in my county from circa 1980's Nortel to Adtran IP PBX 7100,challenge is CAT 3 cabling. Can I use a 1234P in conjunction with the 7100 and be okay ? Also the media converter is it necessary for every set ?

Jump to solution

Are you confusing the 1234p with the 1235?

The Netvanta 1235P supports ActiveReach technology and will support Ethernet to support all grades of wiring - CAT5, CAT3 or legacy copper. When using the ActiveReach feature you will need a Media converter for each drop. Delivers 10/100 Mbps voice, data and even Power over Ethernet (PoE) over existing cabling.

I have used this unit with great reasults !

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jayh
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: I am trying to upgrade customers in my county from circa 1980's Nortel to Adtran IP PBX 7100,challenge is CAT 3 cabling. Can I use a 1234P in conjunction with the 7100 and be okay ? Also the media converter is it necessary for every set ?

Jump to solution

Cat. 3 may be suitable for short runs, I've done it in a pinch.  Keep in mind that most if not all IP phones have a pass-through port for data.  If most of the users also have computers connected by Cat. 5 you can use this for the IP Phones as well as the existing computers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Are you confusing the 1234p with the 1235?

The Netvanta 1235P supports ActiveReach technology and will support Ethernet to support all grades of wiring - CAT5, CAT3 or legacy copper. When using the ActiveReach feature you will need a Media converter for each drop. Delivers 10/100 Mbps voice, data and even Power over Ethernet (PoE) over existing cabling.

I have used this unit with great reasults !

0 Kudos
keokata
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Thanks JW,I appreciate it.