cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kcaneva
New Contributor

Netvanta 7100 External MOH Not Working

External MOH is no longer working. Audio source input is great audio quality when listening on a pair of headphones. CLI #voice music-on-hold mode is set to External. We switched to Internal mode, converted audio files, and uploaded to the 7100. However, the audio quality is not nearly as clear as that which is coming from the player.

Suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 7100 External MOH Not Working

kcaneva,

Is the 3.5mm plug used between your audio source and the 7100 a "stereo" plug or "mono" plug?   The reason I ask is because while the 7100 MOH & PAGE ports are actually "MONO", they're wired to the "STEREO" side of the 3.5mm plug, (No sure why?)  That said, if you're using a MONO plug, the audio quality and sound will be extremely low (or non-existent).  Also, I've seen folks make their own 3.5MM plugs and use a Stereo Plug, but wire to only the MONO lead of the Stereo Plug.   That said, if you make my own 3.5MM Plug, you must wire the RING/Positive side wire to both the (Left & Right) audio terminals in the plug (and of course the TIP side wire to the Ground of the plug).   See example illustrations of 3.5 MM Stereo &  Mono plugs below:

Stereo.jpg

Mono Plug.jpg

kcaneva
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, we are using the stereo plug. The cord came with the 7100. I have verified good audio at the end that plugs into the MOH port. This was working at one time, but has since stopped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could be the port is actually bad in the 7100, you may want to open a ticket with our Post Sales support for a possible RMA.  Email support@adtran.com and include the Serial number of the unit. 

kcaneva
New Contributor

Will do. Thanks you for the input.

I'm hoping they may also assist with the distorted MOH when using the internal mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

kcaneva,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?  If so please come back to this post to provide an update so others can benefit from the solution.

Thanks,
Matt

kcaneva
New Contributor

Sorry for the late response - I have been out of country.

I will be opening a ticket with support and will post the results.

Thank you.