cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Netvanta 7100 Paging Port

Jump to solution

Good morning guys, I'm here with another question.

- I'm trying to make an Overhead paging via using a Bogen PCM2000 system (PCM2000 is working good with Norstar 0x32 Phone System).

- Norstar PhoneSystem is connected to a PCMTIM (PCM2000 Telephone Interface Module) and PCMTIM is configured as Page Port/VOX activation (A dry audio pair is used to detect audio and activate the system).

- PCMTIM can be configured to work with different interfaces, PBX station lines and CO Lines, PBX Loop Start Trunk Ports, PBX Ground Start Trunk Ports, Page Port (Contact Closure) and Page Port (Vox Activation).

- I ran a "Voice/Switchboard Debug" when dialing *30 or 8000, status is CONNECTED but no sound is heard on speakers.

09:04:16.892 SB.CALL 90 State change      >> Connecting->Connected

09:04:16.892 SB.CALL 90 Connected            ConnectResponse sent from 7235 to 8000

- I ran a "Voice/Switchboard Summary" when dialing *30 or 8000, status is CONNECTED but no sound is heard on speakers.

08:55:54.308 VOICE.SUMMARY RTP for Call from 7235 to 8000:  Codec PCMU

08:55:54.313 VOICE.SUMMARY 7235 is connected to 8000 (8000)

- All COS have Overhead Paging permitted

Exist a special configuration for Paging Port?

Netvanta is designed to work with specific Amplifier's Brands or Models?

Can you let me know the Paging Port Tech Specs and operating requirements?

Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 7100 Paging Port

Jump to solution

comdig01,

If it can be connected properly to an FXO interface on the 7100 here is an example configuration that has worked for other paging systems:

In this example extension 2360 is used to access an external paging system connected through the FXO 0/2 port on a NetVanta 7100.  If you wish to hear a DTMF tone on the speaker to introduce a page than any single digit can be placed inside the quotes for the dnis substitution command (match dnis "2360" substitute "").

!

interface fxo 0/2

no shutdown

!

!

voice trunk T02 type analog supervision loop-start

description "Paging System"

blind-dial

connect fxo 0/2

match dnis "2360" substitute ""

rtp delay-mode adaptive

rtp qos dscp 0

codec-group g711_first

!

!

voice grouped-trunk ANALOG_PAGING

no description

trunk T02

accept 2360 cost 0

!

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

comdig01,

If it can be connected properly to an FXO interface on the 7100 here is an example configuration that has worked for other paging systems:

In this example extension 2360 is used to access an external paging system connected through the FXO 0/2 port on a NetVanta 7100.  If you wish to hear a DTMF tone on the speaker to introduce a page than any single digit can be placed inside the quotes for the dnis substitution command (match dnis "2360" substitute "").

!

interface fxo 0/2

no shutdown

!

!

voice trunk T02 type analog supervision loop-start

description "Paging System"

blind-dial

connect fxo 0/2

match dnis "2360" substitute ""

rtp delay-mode adaptive

rtp qos dscp 0

codec-group g711_first

!

!

voice grouped-trunk ANALOG_PAGING

no description

trunk T02

accept 2360 cost 0

!

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank yo again for your excellent support.

The solution works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Excellent! Glad to hear that did the trick.