cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braintoss
New Contributor II

Netvanta 7100 page port audio adapter

Hey y'all,

So... I hook up the amp to the page port on the back of the unit using a regular 1/8" plug (balanced). The audio is low and distorted. I then pull the plug out just a tiny bit, so it's still 'seated' in the jack, but not locked in completely - and the audio returns. It's ok at this point, as long as no one bumps the jack/plug.

Is there a special cable for this port? Maybe a different type of 1/8" plug that I can wire on?

Seems like I shouldn't be the only one having this issue! haha

Thanks in advance - Jason    

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Netvanta 7100 page port audio adapter

Jason, the engineering notes I have on that port say it is a stereo connector with tip and ring tied together. Please ensure your cable meets those specifications. If it does, there could be a physical problem with the port itself. Thanks

Jay

braintoss
New Contributor II

I will give that a shot. I think I have then soldered separate currently.

Thank you sir!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Jay