cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One way audio on outgoing/incoming calls to certain numbers

Jump to solution

Good morning, We are having a one way audio issue when calling/receiving calls from certain numbers.  A previous open case with the carrier was closed stating that the issue was on our end but no details as to how they arrived at that conclusion.  Our 7100 PBX connects to the carrier managed SIP Gateway.  So far I have tried rebooting the SIP Gateway, the 7100 and the IP phones.  I also verified that the codec used is 711 uLaw as that is what the carrier supports.  The issue can be reproduced every single time when calling the affected numbers.  The firewall is off on the 7100. Can someone point me to the command that allows me to capture audio packets on the 7100? Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One way audio on outgoing/incoming calls to certain numbers

Jump to solution

Thx for the help; I did end up setting up media anchoring and port mirroring as well.  I was able to send the carrier captures indicating that our PBX was not receiving audio streams.  They finally found the issue was an IP conflict.  The carrier had configured the SIP Gateway IP on a high speed internet modem as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
shambler
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Do you have a SIP debug of the call flow for one of these one way audio examples?

Also which way is the audio issue from the Carrier or to the carrier ?

Below is line to Adtran DOC for setting up Packet capture, which you can filter based on an access-list

Configuring Packet Capture in AOS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I don't have a debug yet; I'm fixing to get port mirroring setup to do a capture of audio traffic. The issue happens when we place a call to a certain number; the called party can hear us but we cannot hear them.  Likewise, if they place a call to us from that same number, they can hear us but we cannot hear them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The carrier just asked me to setup anchor media in order to have the PBX be the middleman for media traffic as well.  Any idea on how to do that?  Apparently, the way it is currently set up, the SIP Gateway sends media directly to the IP Phone.

shambler
New Contributor II

Jump to solution

Depends on the version .. see this post which indicates on 11.4.5 code on the 7100 the command "ip rtp media-anchoring" was removed

One way audio for incoming calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thx for the help; I did end up setting up media anchoring and port mirroring as well.  I was able to send the carrier captures indicating that our PBX was not receiving audio streams.  They finally found the issue was an IP conflict.  The carrier had configured the SIP Gateway IP on a high speed internet modem as well.

0 Kudos