Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rortega
New Contributor III

Park Issues

Jump to solution

I didn't see this on the forum so here's my issue:

I continually get calls from a client (about once a month) saying that they can no longer park a call to the zone they want, or that after a call is parked no one can retrieve it. Sometimes they choose zone 1, it doesn't work so they move to zone 2, then 3, etc. until they can find a zone to park a call in. Other times when they put a caller in park 4, someone goes to pick up park 4 and nothing happens. I've seen them do the process, and doing it correctly.

Yesterday I got an email from the pbx with this error:

Denchel: ADTRAN, Inc. OS version R10.6.0.E

Platform: NetVanta 7100, Part Number 1200796E1, Serial Number LBADTN1232AC589

2013.12.19 11:20:12 SIP.STACK ERROR  PARSER       SIP Parser Error : Unexpected '@', line 1, column 51

<sip:callpark@10.10.20.1; orbit=sip:5000@10.10.20.1>

Shortly after receiving the error, I got another call from them saying that park wasn't working. This time they can park, but no one can pick it up. Is the error related to the park issues? If so what does this error mean?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Park Issues

Jump to solution

Understood on not being able to upgrade easily.  Here are the fixes detailed in the release notes between R10.6.0 and R10.8.1 where our code was changed around call park.  The first fix for R10.7.1 is probably the most relevant as you did not mention reboots or one way audio.

R10.7.1

• Leaking of replication slots resulted in slot failure which caused paging, call parking, and MoH to fail.

• Frequent parking and retrieval of calls caused the switchboard to be unable to find a target for call routing and caused the unit to reboot.

R10.8.0

• Frequent parking and retrieval of calls caused the switchboard to be unable to find a target for call routing and caused the unit to reboot.

• An incoming call from an ISDN trunk that was parked and then retrieved by an extension logged into a call queue had no audio.

I suggested R10.8.1 as it is a later maintenance release and includes other bug fixes since the release of R10.8.0, and the replication slot fix noted above from R10.7.1. 

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I would need to see a complete debug of this including both debug voice verbose and debug sip stack messages both enabled at the same time.  There were some fixes for call park in later firmware.  I would suggest upgrading to R10.8.1, and then setting up a persistent debug.  If the issue returns, you can upload the debug output and the configuration file to our FTP server with the instructions below.

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files

Thanks,

Matt

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

The file is called "denchel debug." at 9:58 I made the call and had them try to place me on park "3" which currently shows as busy, even though nothing is on it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, the file seemed to have the wrong debugs enabled.  Can you get the output from a debug voice verbose and a debug sip stack messages both enabled at the same time?  These are the only debugs that should be enabled.  Also, did you try upgrading to R10.8.1?  If not I would suggest that before trying to get a debug.   If you are using IP 700 phones with park BLF you need to be running 2.4.1 firmware on them. If you supply a debug after upgrading the firmware, I will also need a copy of your current configuration. You can put them all in a .zip and place it on the FTP server with the instructions above.

Thanks,
Matt

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Yeah I did run the debug voice verbose but just realized I ran the sip stack debug, not the sip stack "messages." I wasn't using the BLF with park until today, and that part of it is working. ALL phones are running 2.4.1 firmware. Unfortunately the client does not want to update, as updating one of their last systems caused issues.

If I can ask, is there a difference between R10.8.1 and R10.6.0 and the way they handle park issues?

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

Just went through the release notes for 10.8.x and didn't see any fixes related to Park. Am I wrong in this? Or is there an unmentioned fix to the way park works?

Sorry just seeing if it is necessary, we've got a complicated setup using one netvanta 7100 to cover 3 locations in 3 different cities for one company, and want to avoid any unnecessary changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Understood on not being able to upgrade easily.  Here are the fixes detailed in the release notes between R10.6.0 and R10.8.1 where our code was changed around call park.  The first fix for R10.7.1 is probably the most relevant as you did not mention reboots or one way audio.

R10.7.1

• Leaking of replication slots resulted in slot failure which caused paging, call parking, and MoH to fail.

R10.8.0

• An incoming call from an ISDN trunk that was parked and then retrieved by an extension logged into a call queue had no audio.

I suggested R10.8.1 as it is a later maintenance release and includes other bug fixes since the release of R10.8.0, and the replication slot fix noted above from R10.7.1. 

Thanks,

Matt

rortega
New Contributor III

Jump to solution

I remember last time we tried to upgrade a unit, there were issues with the pbx talking to the meta-switch and that's why we ended up staying at 10.6.x. I think I have a 7060 that I can configure to be like the clients setup, and I will test the upgrade with the meta-switch and make sure all goes well. I'll check back and keep you updated, thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, and let us know how it goes.  I also wanted to mention we have a guide for Metaswitch setups that was released last summer:

Configuring SIP Trunking with the NetVanta 7100 and Metaswitch

Thanks,

Matt