Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Phone Not Registered

Jump to solution

Hi,

I know this is easy but it is escaping me.  First time user.  We have one phone that was at extension 5118 and we needed to move it to another office, 5112.  I deleted the user and then added a new user at 5112 with copying from another.  I have the MAC address correct.  I then re-boot the phone and it seems to go through the down load correctly gets an ip address etc but the phone can not make a call out.  When I check the phone config in the gui it says "not registerd".  I synced the phones, rebooted the phone, and even rebooted the switch.  I have checked the documentation and this forum but I am obviously overlooking a small detail.  Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Dan

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Phone Not Registered

Jump to solution

Dan,

I would try deleting the voice user in the Voice > Users menu and deleting the phone configuration from the Voice > IP Phone Configs menu.  After that create the new user again, and then as a last step factory default the phone (not just a reboot, but a factory reset).  If that does not do the trick please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dan,

I would try deleting the voice user in the Voice > Users menu and deleting the phone configuration from the Voice > IP Phone Configs menu.  After that create the new user again, and then as a last step factory default the phone (not just a reboot, but a factory reset).  If that does not do the trick please let me know.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Matt

That did it, thank you

I had originally only deleted the user not the user and phone config.

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dan - your welcome.  I'm glad that did the trick.