cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question on Ring Group, Call Queue, AA Limitations

Hi all, I looking to setup an AA that filters calls to the appropriate department/ clerk.  Are there any limitations on the number of Ring Groups, Call Queues or AA prompts and menus that the system can handle without causing any problems? Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick question on Ring Group, Call Queue, AA Limitations

Regarding Ring Groups:

Recommended max 5 system ring groups

Recommended max 50 members per group

These are not hard set settings, you can have more ring groups if less people in there.

Regarding Call queues:

-6 call queues with a maximum of 16 calls across all queues at any time.

No limitation regarding the number of audio prompts.

Just keep an eye on the memory in use, you want to monitor the HeapFree number, if gets low, then you can have issues.

you can check it using this:

Mark#show memory heap

Memory Heap:

HeapFree: 45075440

HeapSize: 94682096

If you have any other questions, let me know.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Mark,

With 50 users in a ring group can the ring group be set to all ring or is there a different max user count when the requirement is to have all the phones ring at once or hunt?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 50 limitation really has to do with the “all ring” if you are doing hunt group, you probably could add more users to the RG since we are only ringing one phone at a time. The limitation is ringing 50 phones at the same time where we send 50 invites to all the phones and then all the following SIP messages and then cancel’s to all the phones when one answers it, it is a big load on the system.

Just monitor the mem heap like I mentioned when you test the call to an all ring group with 50 users. It really also depends on what all other features you have configured on your system also.

Hope that helps.

-Mark