cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kurttsc
New Contributor

Record Calls

Jump to solution

We have a customer that is wondering if it is possible to record calls on their Adtran Netvanta 7100.

They also have a couple of questions in regards to the voicemail as well. They are curious if you can save the messages to a file and if it is possible to access the messages from cell a home phone or cell phone?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Record Calls

Jump to solution

I have used a recording device from SIP Print  to record calls on a 7100.

An auto attendant or DID is normally configured to allow users to retrieve voice by calling into a 7100. The extension to access voice is 8500 in a default configuration, this extension then becomes a menu choice in your auto attendant or the destination for your voice mail access DID.

After setting up notifications You can also configure your voice mails forward to an Email account with the actual message as an attached WAV file. This is a way to store the voice mail messages out of the system.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have used a recording device from SIP Print  to record calls on a 7100.

An auto attendant or DID is normally configured to allow users to retrieve voice by calling into a 7100. The extension to access voice is 8500 in a default configuration, this extension then becomes a menu choice in your auto attendant or the destination for your voice mail access DID.

After setting up notifications You can also configure your voice mails forward to an Email account with the actual message as an attached WAV file. This is a way to store the voice mail messages out of the system.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

kurttsc wrote:

We have a customer that is wondering if it is possible to record calls on their Adtran Netvanta 7100.

They also have a couple of questions in regards to the voicemail as well. They are curious if you can save the messages to a file and if it is possible to access the messages from cell a home phone or cell phone?

JW's answer covers most of this, but page 7 of the guide below will take you through setting up email notification of voicemail:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2258

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I also wanted to chime in on this post and mention we have a guide that shows how to convert the voicemail WAV files stored on the unit so they can be used for playback on a PC as an alternative to using the auto converted email attached WAV files:

Downloading and Converting Voicemail WAV Files on the NetVanta 7100

Can you come back to this post and select Correct and Helpful answers from the applicable buttons?  That will flag them and make them more visible so other users can find solutions more easily.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and marked the Correct Answer on this thread.  Also, I wanted to mention that call recording is available on certain supported Polycom phones.  Here is a guide we just updated that covers how to set this up: Integrating NetVanta 7100 and NetVanta ECS with the Polycom Productivity Suite

Thanks,

Matt