cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reloading NV7100 Demo Software

Jump to solution

I need to install the latest NV7100 Demo software version on my demo system, but can figure it out or find instructions.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reloading NV7100 Demo Software

Jump to solution

Here is the link to the demo kit guide:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2370

Here is link to the files:

http://www.adtran.com/web/appmanager/portal/Adtran?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=waverunner_page_support_softwaredownloads_hidden&softwareFamilyId=1431

if that link doesn’t work, then go to adtran.com and then software download and go to 7100 and then you will see link to download demo kit files.

Let us know if you need anything

-Mark

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here is the link to the demo kit guide:

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2370

Here is link to the files:

http://www.adtran.com/web/appmanager/portal/Adtran?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=waverunner_page_support_softwaredownloads_hidden&softwareFamilyId=1431

if that link doesn’t work, then go to adtran.com and then software download and go to 7100 and then you will see link to download demo kit files.

Let us know if you need anything

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here is what I don't understand, I already have the downloaded the DemoKit software and the DemoKit PFD notes. I have read the PDF instructions, but I am not 100% clear. I unzipped the folder and there are 4 items, and I am to just copy these 4 items onto the CFLASH card, and that is it?

What is confusing to me is the statement on the PDF: Using a card Reader, delete the existing contents of the CFlash card.  There is a lot more on the CFlash card than just these 4 items that I would be deleting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jim,

When I upzipped the file I had a ton of folders, see picture (you will need to go to website to view the picture). Did you download the latest file from the link that I sent you?

First if you want to be safe, is backup all the files to your computer from cflash using FTP.

Then I would do the following command “erase file-system cflash” from global configuration mode. And do a “erase file-system flash”. Then I would copy all the new folders and files to the cflash via FTP. Very important, in the GUI make sure the firmware is set firmware that you copied over to the cflash.

Make sure you copy the startup-config file to flash

Then I would reboot the unit. The rest of the files will be rebuilt when the unit reboots.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mark,

Sorry for my next clarification question, but I am not sure I remember how to copy the startup-config file to flash.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

When you copy all the new files to cflash, one of them is the startup-config file, you can see it in the screen shot I posted of the files from the zip file. You can either just manually copy that one to flash or if you already copied it to cflash, get into the cli and do this:

Copy cflash startup-config flash startup-config

Press Y if prompted to confirm to overwrite.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok, I just figured out why I can't get the FTP to finish loading the DemoKit firmware on the CFLASH card, there is not enough memory on the card (256MB).

So, can I just go out a purchase another card??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok, I have followed your instructions and have done this twice with the same results - after the system is rebooted, all the users are deleted automatically as I watch the CLI screen. See attached.  In the GUI, everything is a defaulted configuration with Users 2000, 2001, etc.....

error.PNGDelete vmail box for users.PNGDelete vmail box for users2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jim,

The 7100 only supports certain CFLASH cards, They have to be a certain speed.

Here is p/n for the 1G card we sell:

1GB Compact Flash for NetVanta 7100/7060

P/N 1200852G1

Desc: 1GB Compact Flash for the NetVanta 7100 & NetVanta 7060

List Price: $125

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

That is the users for the default system.

Your not moving the demo startup-config file to flash properly.

To try it again, delete the dynvoice-config file and startup-config file from flash

Then using core-ftp upload the startup-config file to flash. I have attached it to this post (must go to website to get it)

To verify that it is the proper file, enter the following command from CLI: “show file flash startup-config”

That will show you what is in the file, keep hitting space bar and you should see 14 users with the 2XX extension range.

Once you have done that, then reload the unit, DO NOT SAVE!

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Mark,

I apologize, but I stopped referring to the DemoKit notes and only yours, so once I referred back to the DemoKit instruction and referencing yours, I was able to easily get things working correctly!

Thanks again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Good to hear. Thanks for the update.

-Mark