cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
centurylinkjim
New Contributor

Ring group and ringing an external number

Got a PRI and a DID number that rings a group of phones, the customer would like it to ring an external pots line as well just for notification (loud ringer). Ring groups wont allow an external number to ring. I have tried forwarding to a virtual and several other methods, but I cant get it to ring. I read this is a limitation, but does anyone have any other options as a work around?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ring group and ringing an external number

Perhaps an option to consider will be using the FindMeFollowMe feature for a user.  The FmFm features allowing ringing up to five numbers, which could be a mix of internal or external numbers, either sequentially or simultaneously.

Thanks,

I tried that and it didnt work either, but thanks

braintoss
New Contributor II

Have you found a work around for this? I'm having a similar issue.

I had a similar problem to this last week at one of my sites involving a ring group.  Have you tried going into Trunk Accounts and 'remove' the check in the checkbox on the "Reject External" option ?  - When Reject External is selected it will not allow a trunk to trunk call (pretty sure the check box is selected by default when trunk is created).  For some reason my Ring Group would not allow my incoming calls to go back out to an external number until I changed this option. While I was debugging the box I was able to see that the 7100 knew what to do and what trunk to go back out on, it just would not go past identifying the trunk it needed to go through. Changing that one option solved my problems.

braintoss
New Contributor II

Hey John!

Thanks for that! Removing the checkmark from Reject External got the call to go to the "answering service" - however, now the audio drops out after hearing the greeting from the external for a second. It just goes silent. Do you know of something else I may be missing?

Thanks again!