cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ringback on Inbound Call

Jump to solution

I have a NV7100 connected to a Metaswitch via SIP-T trunk. I cannot get ringback on an inbound call (from meta to NV). Can some please point out where I would expect to find the 180 and 183 stuff in the 'debug sip stack message'? Or any help at all?

thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ringback on Inbound Call

Jump to solution

I had the binding in the Metaswitch set for Trunk based SIP-T. Changed to Subscriber based Basic SIP then built it as a SIP PBX. All is good. Thanks Matt.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

marteeny,

For in inbound call the Metaswitch would send the 7100 an INVITE, the 7100 would then respond with a 100 Trying shortly followed by a 180 or 183 for ringback.  If you can gather the output from a debug sip stack messages and debug voice verbose on the 7100 while recreating the issue, as well as supply the current configuration I would be more than happy to look at them for you.  You can follow the instructions below to submit the files:

Open Internet Explorer web browser on their PC
Type the following URL:  ftp://ftp.adtran.com

Press the Alt key, click View, and then click Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer

Double-click the "Incoming" folder
Drag and drop files from PC into the Internet Explorer window

Reply to this post with the exact filenames used so we can retrieve the files

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Uploaded file

CVTC_NV7100.zip

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

marteeny,

Thank you for supplying the requested information.  After looking at the configuration and debug I have a couple suggestions:

It appears the root of the issue is related to the how traffic is routed to the media address. The INVITE was destined to 192.168.27.100, which is assigned to eth 0/0.  It looks like the traffic was routed in over the PPPoEoA connection based on the firewall configuration, since it would have been blocked coming in over eth 0/0 directly.  The eth 0/0 interface has a Public policy-class applied with an implicit discard and the PPP interface has no policy-class applied so it will use the default and allow everything in.  If your setup involves connecting to the Internet you should apply a policy-class to your WAN interface that allows SIP traffic only from known IPs or hostnames correlating to the Metaswitch. 

From my limited knowledge of the topology I would recommend moving the 192.168.27.100 address off eth 0/0 and instead putting it on a loop interface.  Then on the PPP interface, or wherever the traffic will be routed to reach the Metaswitch, you need to configure media-gateway ip loopback 1.  Here is a stripped down example:

!

interface loop 1

ip address  192.168.27.100  255.255.255.255

no shutdown

!

interface ppp 1

media-gateway ip loopback 1

!

Note, that you will need to remove 192.168.27.100 from eth 0/0 before you can assign it to the loop 1 interface.  You may need another address in the 192.168.27.x /24 subnet applied to eth 0/0 to work with your current default route, and I am not sure how the PPPoEoA connection plays in to everything since it is dynamic.  All of this depends on your topology.

Some other oddities I thought I would mention are:

1) The INVITE from the Metaswtich has a ptime of 10.  This is ok to go to an auto attendant but if the call ever gets delivered to an ADTRAN IP 700 phone the ptime must be 20, so whoever controls the Metaswitch would need to change that.

2) There is a REGISTER exchange in the debug for the number that was being dialed for this test, and the Metaswitch replies with 480 Subscriber temporarily unavailable.  If that is the case, I would not expect the Metaswitch to route that call to the 7100, so that may need to be checked on as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Matt,

Lets forget about the DSL stuff for a moment. I don't wish to route anything over it at this time. The only trunk I have is T01, a SIP-T trunk connected directly to my Metaswitch here in the office. From the Meta, 9078221906 is routed to the NV7100.  I made a change to the config and a new trace is uploaded. CVTC_NV7100ver2.zip. Also,all this is in a Test Mode, so we are safe to be destructive if need be... thanks again!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I saw that you applied the ACL allowing SIP to the Public policy-class, but the debug looks the same.  I would still recommend you try the instructions from my last post with the loop 1 interface and setting it as the media-gateway on any interfaces that voice traffic is routed over .  Give that a go and if it does not fix the problem load another debug and config and I will be happy to look at it.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It thinks Loopback 1 does not exist. But I can SHOW INT LOOP 1

NV7100#sh run int eth 0/0

Building configuration...

!

!

interface eth 0/0

no ip address

no shutdown

no lldp send-and-receive

!

end

NV7100#sh run int loo

NV7100#sh run int loopback 1

!

!

interface loop 1

description Metaswitch SIP

ip address  192.168.27.100  255.255.255.0

no shutdown

!

end

NV7100#con t

NV7100(config)#int eth 0/0

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#med

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#media-gateway ip loo

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#media-gateway ip loopback 1

%Network interface does not exist.

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Do you still have no ip address configured on the eth 0/0 interface?  If so, assign another IP address in that subnet that is free (ex: 192.168.27.254 /24) and then try to set the media-gateway after that.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#do sh run int eth 0/0

!

!

interface eth 0/0

no ip address

no shutdown

no lldp send-and-receive

!

end

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#ip add

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#ip address 192.168.27.101 /24

%Resultant broadcast address overlaps with loop 1

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#ip address 192.168.27.101 255.255.255.0

%Resultant broadcast address overlaps with loop 1

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#do sh run int loo 1

!

!

interface loop 1

ip address  192.168.27.100  255.255.255.0

no shutdown

!

end

NV7100(config-eth 0/0)#

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Change the subnet mask on loop 1 to be 255.255.255.255.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

OK got it. I call once more call in/out but still no ringback. I do not see a 180 from NV7100

NV7100#sh run int eth 0/0

!

!

interface eth 0/0

ip address  192.168.27.101  255.255.255.0

media-gateway ip loopback 1

no shutdown

no lldp send-and-receive

!

end

NV7100#sh run int loo 1

!

!

interface loop 1

ip address  192.168.27.100  255.255.255.255

no shutdown

!

end

NV7100#

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Set media-gateway ip loopback 1 on the PPP interface.  From the initial debug it appeared the traffic was being routed in over that interface.  If that does not work, I will need to see the updated configuration and a debug.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Not using the PPP Interface. Uploaded new files. CVTC_NV7100ver3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I had the binding in the Metaswitch set for Trunk based SIP-T. Changed to Subscriber based Basic SIP then built it as a SIP PBX. All is good. Thanks Matt.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Awesome! Thanks for the update.  Can you come back and flag your last response as the Correct Answer for the thread?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just wanted to update this post with a link to our new Metaswitch SIP Trunking guide for the 7100:

Thanks,

Matt