cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SIP phones wont register on 7100

I am currently installing a 7100 with several VVX400's. firmware is R11.3.0HA.E.  I am having trouble with the phones registering.  I have looked through config a hundred times and cant see what I am missing here.  For whatever reason they wont register.  Actually when I run debugs I cant even see them doing anything.  I am using debug voice verbose and sip stack message but still nothing.  I have factory defaulted a phone to ensure it wasn't that.  I am attaching voice portion/dhcp to see if anyone can see where I have neglected my configuration.  Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. It has to be something so simple I am just overlooking it but just don't see it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SIP phones wont register on 7100

Looks like the switchports are not trunk ports to me. Are the phones completly unable to pull configs or just not registering?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you changed the default networks for the data and voice VLANs.

Make sure you follow all the steps in this document, there are lots of places that you have to update when changing the IPs. The best way to change the IPs is using the Installation Wizard for it does it all for you automatically.

https://supportforums.adtran.com/docs/DOC-2928

The debug command to use to verify phone connectivity is “Debug ip ftp-server” That will verify if the phones are trying to pull their config or not.

There are lots of settings in the IP Phone Global section of the GUI that is saved in files in the Polycom folder and not the startup-config.

Look over that document and let us know if still having problems.

-Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

The ports are in default vlan1 and voice vlan2, I do not wish to Trunk since vlan3 is guest vlan. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark, thanks for your reply.  I have successfully setup 3 other locations with 7100 autonomous with extension dialing to main 7100.  This one is the only one giving me a fit at this point.  I use a template file - modified for each different location changing vlans, subnets, wan, lan, loopback int, sip servers, etc.  I have ensured the settings are correct.  I have run the debug and got some interesting information.  I thought I would share, it seems it cannot read multiple files from the polycom folder. Not sure if a checkdisk is required at this point or not.  Maybe someone has some insight.  I have attached the txt file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the debug look like the phone has this MAC address 0004f26b339a and is using extension 1509. So the phone is getting its config from what I can see. Regarding some of the files, the phone requests files that the 7100 doesn’t have or use. That is nothing to worry about.

What is showing up on the phone display? The extension with red x? login with username/password? Or VVX400 on the phone?

-Mark