Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffcs
New Contributor

Setting up VLANs across NetVanta 7100 and 1224ST PoE switch

Jump to solution

Hi Adtran,

I'm having a bit of trouble setting up my Vlans to work across my Adtran products. The NV7100 ships with two default VLANs that I'm using, VLAN 1 Data and VLAN 2 Voice. VLAN 1 works fine on my NV 1224ST but VLAN 2 does not work at all. I created a second VLAN on my 1224ST switch, but I cannot get Voice traffic to go to the PBX portion of the 7100. What should I make sure is set up correctly? Should the ports that connect the 7100 and 1224st together be set to trunk? Should I attempt to stack the two switches?

I have an ATSP-UCAS certification, but due to personnel changes at work I became responsible for the network without being originally assigned to this.

Here is the code for the VLAN setup of the 1224:

Switch(vlan)#show

Current VLAN configuration...

VLAN ID: 1

Name: Default

Media: Ethernet

MTU: 1500

VLAN state: ACTIVE

VLAN ID: 2

Name: Voice

Media: Ethernet

MTU: 1500

VLAN state: ACTIVE

Thanks!

Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffcs
New Contributor

Re: Setting up VLANs across NetVanta 7100 and 1224ST PoE switch

Jump to solution

Hi Mark.

I ended up figuring it out on my own. It was my own fault. I didn't realize my ports came defaulted as VLAN 1 on the 1224ST switch instead of TRUNK like the NetVanta 7100. I updated this and I'm good to go now. System is completely up and running with SIP trunks.

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Jeff,

What port on the 7100 is connected to your 1224ST?

Do a show run interface (then interface and #) and send me the output on the 7100.

Can you show the config of your 1224ST, do a show run and post it, remove any passwords

Also, what port is the 7100 connected to on the 1224ST.

-Mark

jeffcs
New Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Mark.

I ended up figuring it out on my own. It was my own fault. I didn't realize my ports came defaulted as VLAN 1 on the 1224ST switch instead of TRUNK like the NetVanta 7100. I updated this and I'm good to go now. System is completely up and running with SIP trunks.

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

0 Kudos