cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Setup PRI DID Number for User Account

Jump to solution

I have a set of DID numbers for my PRI line.  8 of the 10 numbers are already associated to their respective user accounts and work fine.  It's been a few years since I set this up the first time, and I don't remember how to associate a new DID to an existing user account.  I have setup the DID number in the user account already, but I know I'm missing a step because when I dial the number, I get a message saying it's not connected.  If my memory serves me correctly, I have to make a change in the trunk group or account, but I can't remember what to do.  The PRI provider states that the DID number is available and ready on the line.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin H.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Setup PRI DID Number for User Account

Jump to solution

Browse to the user account in the admin GUI, and under the general tab, click show by DID numbers, new, add DID and apply.  You can also add the DID in the CLI with con t, voice user xxx, and then DID nxxnxxxxxx.

Here is an example of adding did 21612345678 to existing user 214. Don't forget to write memory when all done.  If the DID is not in the system, the call is not routeable, and you will get a reorder tone or intercept message from the carrier.

NV7100>en

Password:

NV7100#con t

NV7100(config)#voice use 214

Configuring Existing User "214".

NV7100(config-214)#did 21612345678

NV7100(config-214)#

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Browse to the user account in the admin GUI, and under the general tab, click show by DID numbers, new, add DID and apply.  You can also add the DID in the CLI with con t, voice user xxx, and then DID nxxnxxxxxx.

Here is an example of adding did 21612345678 to existing user 214. Don't forget to write memory when all done.  If the DID is not in the system, the call is not routeable, and you will get a reorder tone or intercept message from the carrier.

NV7100>en

Password:

NV7100#con t

NV7100(config)#voice use 214

Configuring Existing User "214".

NV7100(config-214)#did 21612345678

NV7100(config-214)#

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

juhensle,

Also make sure your SIP voice trunked-group has the DID added as an accept XXX-XXX-XXXX cost 0 so the trunk will accept call. I think that is the step you are referring to that might be missing.

John Wable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks all.  That is great info.  Come to find out, I had made all the proper settings but had forgotten to save them out...

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,

Justin H.