cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer Compact Flash to new unit

Jump to solution

I have a 7100 that had DSP failure and is being returned to RMA.  I have a temp replacement unit that I am bringing online.  My question is what needs to be done to transfer the compact flash card that contains AA and VM to new temp unit.  Is it simply moving the card from defective 7100 to new temp 7100 or is there more involved.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transfer Compact Flash to new unit

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r,

One very important thing to note is that the CFLASH should NOT be placed in the replacement unit prior loading the configuration file.  Load the configuration file first, then reboot the unit to make sure the configuration from the original unit comes up properly on the replacement unit (make sure to have any modules from the original unit plugged in).  After the replacement unit boots up successfully with the correct configuration power it down and insert the CFLASH from the old unit.  If the CFLASH is inserted in a unit and booted up that does not have all the proper voice users defined in the configuration it will automatically delete all of the voicemail boxes and their corresponding messages that do not match the configured voice users.

Also, please return to this post to select correct and helpful answers so it will mark this thread as containing a solution.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

There are no further steps required when transferring a cflash card from one 7100 to another.  There are additional steps when moving files from one cflash card to another cflash card.  But, if replacing a 7100 unit you simply need to power both units down and transfer cflash card.  Configuration files will also need to be uploaded separately to new unit.  Courtesy of Charles at Adtran IPT Support, Thanks Charles. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

3l3mn8r,

One very important thing to note is that the CFLASH should NOT be placed in the replacement unit prior loading the configuration file.  Load the configuration file first, then reboot the unit to make sure the configuration from the original unit comes up properly on the replacement unit (make sure to have any modules from the original unit plugged in).  After the replacement unit boots up successfully with the correct configuration power it down and insert the CFLASH from the old unit.  If the CFLASH is inserted in a unit and booted up that does not have all the proper voice users defined in the configuration it will automatically delete all of the voicemail boxes and their corresponding messages that do not match the configured voice users.

Also, please return to this post to select correct and helpful answers so it will mark this thread as containing a solution.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as “Assumed Answered.”  If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as either Correct or Helpful answers with the applicable buttons.  This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily as well as award points to the users that helped you.  If you still need assistance, I would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let me know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Jump to solution

Hi Matt - my question is regarding the "L1" model vs. the "E1" model of the 7100. A customer is thinking about getting the "E1" (they currently have the "L1") and is wondering if the configuration settings can be exported to the newer model. We do not support the device, but I would like to answer his question to guide him in the right direction. Can you tell me what I need to know to answer his question?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

kilpatrickit,

The procedure would be the same.  You would need to download the current configuration from the L1 unit and upload that to the new E1 unit.  Then boot up the E1 and make sure it comes up when you have any needed modules plugged in.  Then power down and move the CFLASH from the L1 unit to the new E1 unit and boot it up again.  After that everything should be up on the new E1 unit.  Depending on the chassis firmware loaded you may need to upload and activate new phone firmware.  The phone firmware requirements are detailed in the release notes for each version.

Thanks,
Matt