Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris1337c
New Contributor

Voicemail to email not working - Netvanta 7100

-Set the primary email address under User Config

-Set the Notification Type to (Primary Email): Attach WAV

Left 3 voicemails, none of which were emailed. I have been looking through the ADTRAN for smtp settings with no luck. What are some common settings that would prevent this from working?

Open to any and all suggestions.

Thank you in advance,

Chris

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail to email not working - Netvanta 7100

Chris,

Check out this previous post for help with GUI:

7100 where are the outgoing email settings from the GUI

Hi Mark,

Wow I was looking in the wrong spot.

I have configured the user account properly adding in a notification window of 7 days 23 hours and 59 minutes. I set the email server to the IP Address of the Netvanta using port 25. Is the ADTRAN able to act as an email server itself, or will I have to reach out to the IT Department at this company to get email server info from them?

The reason being is we only manage their phone system.

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Chris,

The 7100 is not an email server and you will have to point it to one.  If your customer has a SMTP server then might be best to use that. You can also use a cloud email service like Gmail, hotmail, or yahoo.

For example, go to gmail and create an email ilke companyname@gmail.com and then if you hover your mouse over the ? to the right of the Email Server field you will see what to put in the field for gmail, it would be smtp.gmail.com port 857. I use gmail cloud server for my training classes and it works good.

Hope that helps.

Mark