cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank6160
Contributor
Contributor

disable routing in 7100

Have a customer that has installed another router on site. Currently the 7100 does routing and they want to disable it and use theirs. What changes need to be made in 7100?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: disable routing in 7100

You really don’t want to disable routing. Really need more information. What is the customers data network going to be?

Are all the phones just going to be plugged into the 7100?

Where are PCs going to be plugged into, the phone or a separate switch for data?

I am assuming PSTN access is PRI or analog. If SIP Trunk then whole different answer.

Couple options, turn off firewall in both cases,

Option 1,

Keep all phones on vlan 2 and plugged into the 7100 or a switch connected to 7100, point default route to customers router

Have all pcs on a separate network and switch maintained by the customer’s router, their router would be dhcp for the data network.

Option 2,

Have phones and and pc networks through all switches, in that case you would just have to add vlan 2 to customers data network and then default route to customers router.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have questions.

-Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark. The site is a small site. 5 users with PC's. Everything is currently connected to the 7100. The Telco is a PRI. Customer IT wants the 7100 WAN interface disabled as they are disconnecting the ISP connected to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, then can just unplug the eth 0/0 eth cable and that is all they need to do regarding that. You can also shut the port down also if you want to do that also.

What is the new network address range going to be on the new router?

-Mark

The new router address is 10.10.10.10.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is new router going to be the DHCP server or you going to continue to use the 7100 as the DHCP server for the 10.10.10.0 network?

-Mark

They want to continue using 7100 as DHCP.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, then all you need to do is connect the router to the 7100 via one of the Ethernet ports.

Log into the GUI and then go to DATA / SWITCH / PORTS and for that port set the membership to VLAN 1. Then click APPLY.

To disable the Eth 0/0 internet, go to Data / “Router/Bridge” / “IP Interfaces” and click on eth 0/0 and then uncheck the Enable option, scroll down and click Apply.

Then go to DATA / “Router/Bridge” / Route table and then enter 0.0.0.0 for destination address and destination mask and set the Gateway to your router IP which is 10.10.10.10 and then click ADD.

To turn off the firewall, go to Data / Firewall / “Firewall/ACLs” and set the Firewall Mode to Disabled or uncheck the box (depending on firmware). Click Apply.

Then click Save in top right corner.

All done, let me know if you have questions.

-Mark

Thanks Mark. That's what I did. So far all is OK.