Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francisco
New Contributor

¿how to erase flash and cflash?

Jump to solution

Hi everybody..

I have a doubt, is there a way to setup the memory flash and cflash to default factory or erase the memories flash and cflash completely?? couse my memory flash and cflash have a lot of files and I don´t know that I must to erase..

regards...

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ¿how to erase flash and cflash?

Jump to solution

Francisco, you can use the commands "erase file-system flash" and "erase file-system cflash" to totally wipe the file systems of both. Theoretically, when the system boots back up with a firmware image uploaded, critical files should be extracted automatically. I would suggest loading 10.3.2 or 10.5.0 onto the 7100 after the format as those versions contain the default config files. Thanks

Jay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Is this what you are looking for?

Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your comments but is not excatly that I´m looking for, in your document just erase the starup config but not the flash and cflash memories.

I found this commands:

erase cflash <filename>

erase flash <filename>

but just erase file to file and not completely the memories, do you have or exist another command to do that???

regards!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Francisco, you can use the commands "erase file-system flash" and "erase file-system cflash" to totally wipe the file systems of both. Theoretically, when the system boots back up with a firmware image uploaded, critical files should be extracted automatically. I would suggest loading 10.3.2 or 10.5.0 onto the 7100 after the format as those versions contain the default config files. Thanks

Jay

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged this post as "Assumed Answered". If any of the responses on this thread assisted you, please mark them as Correct or Helpful as the case may be with the applicable buttons. This will make them visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily. If you don't feel like the answer I marked was correct, feel free to come back to this post and unmark it and select another in its place with the applicable buttons.  If you still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt