cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ticphil
New Contributor

is it possible to connect 7100 to 6330 without ISP

Jump to solution

my design is point to multi-point.. 7100 for HUB and 6330 for 10 remote area.. my backhaul is VSAT.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is it possible to connect 7100 to 6330 without ISP

Jump to solution

Ticphil,

Also keep in mind that the 7100 only supports 5-simultaneous VPN connections (assuming your VSAT connections are public). If VPN is a requirement for encryption/security, you'll need to front-end the host 7100 with a NetVanta 3430 w/EFP (Enhanced Feature Pack).  Also keep in mind that ITU-T G.114 recommends a maximum of a 150 ms one-way latency with VoIP traffic (300 ms round-trip),  however, most satellite systems encounter more than 600ms round-trip delay.  That being said, I suggest you contact your VSAT provider regarding average latency/delay associated with their service. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

If you are connecting analog phones to the FXS ports or using the 6330 as a SIP proxy for IP phones you can have the phones register back to a central 7100 as long as the phone count does not exceed 100 total across all sites.  The number of sites does come into play if we are connecting to local PSTN facilities at the remote sites for day to day calls.  If this is the case then you are limited to 10 remote sites as this is the maximum number of SIP trunk connections we can have in the 7100.  To be clear a SIP trunk to the remote 6330 is only required if the phones at that site are making and receiving calls out of local POTS lines.  If they are using a POTS line for 911 only then a SIP trunk is not required from the 7100 to the 6330.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ticphil,

Also keep in mind that the 7100 only supports 5-simultaneous VPN connections (assuming your VSAT connections are public). If VPN is a requirement for encryption/security, you'll need to front-end the host 7100 with a NetVanta 3430 w/EFP (Enhanced Feature Pack).  Also keep in mind that ITU-T G.114 recommends a maximum of a 150 ms one-way latency with VoIP traffic (300 ms round-trip),  however, most satellite systems encounter more than 600ms round-trip delay.  That being said, I suggest you contact your VSAT provider regarding average latency/delay associated with their service. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I went ahead and flagged the "Correct Answer" on this post to make it more visible and help other members of the community find solutions more easily.  If you have any further questions or still need assistance, we would be more than happy to continue working with you on this - just let us know in a reply.

Thanks,

Matt